About a week ago I bought a "second hand" albino pacman frog. This is my first frog. I haven't seen him since I first put him in the tank. He immediately buried himself and there's no evidence he has been out. His water dish is untouched and I see no sign of poop or of the substrate being disturbed. I gently removed the substrate where he's buried and touched him, he's still alive. I did not try to dig him out or handle him.

Is it possible that the substrate is too deep? It's about three or four times his "height". Or maybe he's just adjusting to a new environment? Is it safe to dig him up and take him out to examine him?

Here are the tank parameters:
1. Size of enclosure - 10 gal aquarium
2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences - none
3. Humidity - 80-90%
4. Temperature - 75
5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish - fresh water, dechlorinated with Seachem Prime. No salt, but I do have marine salt
6. Materials used for substrate - new coco fiber about 4-6 inches deep
7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials. - one artificial silk vine, a terra cotta plant pot on its side and partially buried
- How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv. - Coco fiber dry brick was soaked in salt free dechlorinated water. Fake vine was rinsed in plain tap water and allowed to dry. Both were new, never used in another terrarium
8. Main food source - so far he has refused any food. I tried offering mealworms by digging out the substrate above him and putting them in front of him. He wasn't interested
9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) - not eating
10. Lighting - a small pink tinted incandescent bulb in a 2 gal fishtank hood on top of his screen top, mainly to add a small amount of heat and establish a day/night cycle
11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure - UTH placed on the side of the tank
12. When is the last time he/she ate - unknown, at least a week
13. Have you found poop lately - no
14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine) (not until I know if it's a good idea to dig him up)
15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. - can't tell as I have not tried to dig him out or handle him yet
16. How old is the frog - unknown
17. How long have you owned him/her - a week
18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred - unknown
19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats - not eating
20. How often the frog is handled - never by me
21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area - low
22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc) - not done yet