Thread: Pacman frog's upper lip swollen?

Nationality
    [United States]

Unhappy Pacman frog's upper lip swollen?

Hello again. I'm having an issue with Melon... So, she likes to burrow a lot, and when she finally dug herself up and soaked a bit, I got to looking at her lip. (See pictures.) Sorry if you can't see it too clearly, but that was the closest I could get... There's a transparent looking bump on her lip, and I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but doesn't the part under her nose look swollen, as well? Like a little more round than usual?

She last ate Friday night, which is a little long for her, but she has been slowing down for the past 2 weeks or so before the swelling.... Does this look like something I should take to the veterinarian? Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? I'm possibly overreacting, but I'd rather do that than lose my frog.

Thanks for any advice. I truly appreciate it!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman frog's upper lip swollen?

Had something similar on one of mine, most likely thing I could find was the frog likes to bury it's poop and then dig in right next to it. Make sure your dirt is clean, the frog isn't sitting on top of or right next to poop.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Thevacantface View Post
    Had something similar on one of mine, most likely thing I could find was the frog likes to bury it's poop and then dig in right next to it. Make sure your dirt is clean, the frog isn't sitting on top of or right next to poop.
    Did it require a vet visit or did it get better on its own? It's not gotten any bigger, but not necessarily better, either. He's been in the same spot for about a week now, so that could be it... Guess who's gonna be mad this evening when I move him to change his substrate? ��

Thank you for your response, by the way!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

The vet i use is very prestigious in the exotic animal world. Went to the vet the first time it happened, had a couple of lumps on it's face , they lanced on and it was a hard mass they couldn't identify. Clean terrarium and some topical baytril if I remember correctly and everything healed up and lumps disappeared. While I was cleaning the terrarium I did notice the frog had buried it's poop and was sitting up against it. A few months later, another lump pops up, and when I go to examine the frog, I was again find buried poop and it's right against where the lump was forming. Once again, cleaned the terrarium and it cleared up on it's own. The other frogs I have will all poop and move far away from it or climb in their water bowl to poop, it's just that one that will bury it right there where she is sitting.

Thread Information