I am newer to owning Toads and while at a reptile convention I came across Malaysian Giant River Toads, Phrynoidis Aspera, these guys were massive and more muscle looking than cane toads I have seen. Giant toads were at the top of my want list for pets so I got one much to my husband’s dismay (he doesn’t understand my love for usual pets). Anyways, the couple selling them had two adults and a bunch of babies but hadn’t had them for long so they were not sure how long it takes the babies to fully grow and said to just feed the little guy a few small crickets a couple times a week. I of course scoured the internet looking for a better answer and couldn’t find much of anything. Their lack of knowledge in regards to these guys and not finding much on the internet left me a bit worried especially since it’s a baby still. I want to make sure I’m feeding my new little baby Malaysian Giant River Toad correctly so here I am seeing if any of you know what best to feed, how much and how often. As it stands I gave the little guy (obviously too small to know actual gender) 4 small crickets and so far they are just hanging out in the tank. I am wondering if these guys only eat insects or if I should be offering veggies as well?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!