Thread: Pacman wants food but won't eat it?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Pacman wants food but won't eat it?

Hi!

So my Pacman basically just eats nightcrawlers, (dusted with calcium/multi-vitamins). He'll normally eat 2 a day, or every other day, but he's only eaten 1 in the last 4 days. Early this morning, I tried for 30 minutes to get him to eat one. He would stick his tongue out, miss, miss again, then run to his hide. I even stuck the tongs in his hide with a worm & he stuck his tongue out, but got a mouthful of Eco Earth...

Is this a Pacman thing? Like, does he go after the food and just give up after a while, or do you think he is trying to tell me that something is wrong? I know it may sound silly, but I just don't want the little guy to be hungry.

I see no lumps on his sides, and he has pooped. He also soaks in his water like normal, I just can't shake the feeling that he wants to eat.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Pacman wants food but won't eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherK View Post
    Hi!

So my Pacman basically just eats nightcrawlers, (dusted with calcium/multi-vitamins). He'll normally eat 2 a day, or every other day, but he's only eaten 1 in the last 4 days. Early this morning, I tried for 30 minutes to get him to eat one. He would stick his tongue out, miss, miss again, then run to his hide. I even stuck the tongs in his hide with a worm & he stuck his tongue out, but got a mouthful of Eco Earth...

Is this a Pacman thing? Like, does he go after the food and just give up after a while, or do you think he is trying to tell me that something is wrong? I know it may sound silly, but I just don't want the little guy to be hungry.

I see no lumps on his sides, and he has pooped. He also soaks in his water like normal, I just can't shake the feeling that he wants to eat.

Thank you!
    Its common for them to try and get food and sometimes miss, then they may not try again for a little while especially if they got a mouth full of dirt..

I would just wait and then try again later the next day.

Its sometimes hard to get 1 night crawler off the ground, to combat this I sometimes take a few night crawlers and kinda roll them in a ball between some paper towels, then I put the nightcrawler ball in front of the frog, so when he strikes he has a better chance of getting one or multiple worms, just makes a bigger target for them.

Thread Information