Thread: I'm making a Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default I'm making a Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet!

Hey everyone!
    I was asked to make some care sheets for some species of frogs and toads that I own and I will be posting from another source when I am done creating it.

The Northern Leopard Frog is my favorite pond frog and I care a lot about these frogs and people have asked over the years for a care sheet and I'm excited to give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer while I'm making the care sheet.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: I'm making a Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet!

Hey this week I rescued a one eyed very small Northern Green Frog and I'd love some info on how to take care of her properly. How often should she eat? And how much water vs land space she should been in? Also, how often do I change her water?

4. This member thanks Rat King for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm making a Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rat King View Post
    Hey this week I rescued a one eyed very small Northern Green Frog and I'd love some info on how to take care of her properly. How often should she eat? And how much water vs land space she should been in? Also, how often do I change her water?
    You have a big heart rescuing a handicapped frog good for you. So a lot of people think these frogs have similar care and they need different to say the least. So I'll tell you how I've cared for these frogs. Yours is injured so I'm going to recommend differently then for a normal green frog.

For this frog an 80-20 water to land ratio would be best. You can get a pump made for aquariums you don't need a powerful one since it's one frog. Make sure to do 80% water changes so you can keep some good bacteria with the leftover 20%. This is important for the water. You can get some plants like Lilly Pads or Pothos etc.

A smaller tank like 20 gallons would be good for this frog. It needs space but you need to be able to work with the frog if something happens since it is injured you will be able to work with it if need be.

Use a UVB light for the frog because it's known for basking. You can use the tropical Exo Terra bulb and replace around 4-6 months. Keep the frog at room temperature like low to mid 70's. They don't like it hot. Keep the humidity in the 60's to keep it moist but not tropical for the frog. You can use plexiglass to cover the lid to keep humidity and make sure to drill holes in the plexiglass so the frog can breathe! You can buy foggers and misting systems to spoil the frog and give it weather conditions.

Feeding the frog would be good giving variety. Use Pet Store Crickets, Banded Crickets, Earthworms, Roaches, Waxworms and Mealworms. You should use variety it will make the frogs healthier and more active. There are various supplements you can use but I will post the ones I use for Gray Tree Frogs and American Toads below in a picture and you can see and get them. Your frog could still live near 20 years if you care for it the best you can. I'm very happy to help if you need more information.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thread Information