Thread: S.O.S. Help!

concernedsitter

Unhappy S.O.S. Help!

I'm taking care of a friend's red-eyed tree frog and he's not eating!! I've had him for about 6 days and I don't know if he's eaten at all since I got him. I've put in one or two crickets each night for him to eat, but there's two at least that are always in there uneaten (I can hear them chirp all day). He has pooped once on the glass, and that's all that I've seen. I've never taken care of a frog before and I'm really worried. Usually in the day I take the tank outside to sit in the sun so he can be warm, and bring him in at night (and plug in the space heater on the bottom). I spray the tank with de-chlorinated water 3 times a day like I was told, but the humidity meter never seems to move anyways. The coldest the tank has been is about 70 degrees. He doesn't move around much, and just tonight I moved him to check he was still alive. He's always compact and sleeping whenever I see him. He used to sleep on the glass, but not he hides away on the back of the flower to sleep all day. I've looked online and it says it might be from stress? Is something wrong?? Please help!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

concernedsitter

Unhappy Re: S.O.S. Help!

also, when I just checked to see if he's still alive, he took sooo long to open his eyes and they were still only half open... I'm really worried he's going to be sick

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: S.O.S. Help!

These frogs don't wake up during the day, and checking on them during the day will usually result in the sluggish response you encountered. I would say keep trying to feed the frog each night. What's it's body shape like (is it maintaining its weight)?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

concernedsitter

Default Re: S.O.S. Help!

I think it's the same weight as it came, but I'm not 100% sure... He usually changes colors from a bright green to a dark forest green. Right now he's really dark but it's night time so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Thread Information