I bought a juvenile Pacman frog from Petsmart about 1 month ago. I was very nervous about buying it because I bought another one a while back that turned out to be sickly and died. So when I was in the store I asked them if it was healthy, they put a couple crickets in the tank and he ate them right away. I brought him home, put him in his tank, and he was doing well. Very active at night, eating 2-3 crickets every other night, soaking in his water dish, and pooping. I was so happy that this guy was doing so much better than my last one. On Sunday I noticed he was acting strange, he completely burrowed himself under the substrate, covering his head, which he usually doesn't do. The next morning when I woke up he had come out of his burrow and was sitting like usual with just his body buried in the substrate so I thought he was okay. When I came home from work Monday evening he was dead with a bloody eye!! I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong before buying another one....maybe someone can help me. There were 3 small crickets in his tank that he had not eaten yet which may have been what caused the bloody eye, but I'm not sure. I had a 10 gallon tank with coconut substrate that he burrowed in. Heat lamp that kept the temps at about 80 F during the day and heating pad on the side that kept it 72 at night. I had a fogger that kept the humidity between 70-80%. I changed the water frequently and fed crickets, and crickets dusted with calcium and vitamin D. For the water I let it sit out for 12-24 hours to dechlorinate, now I'm wondering if maybe this wasn't good enough? I have 3 fire belly toads who I've had for about 5 years now, and that is what I do for their water and it seems to be fine for them....anyone have any advice before I try again??