Thread: Nearly Black African Dwarf Frogs?

Default Nearly Black African Dwarf Frogs?

I'm getting four African Dwarf Frogs in the next week from a very good local fish store. As I was looking at the ADFs they had, all of which were juveniles about 1/2 the size or less of adults, I noticed some color variations I've never seen before. There were the typical somewhat paler grey frogs and some ADFs with especially pretty spotting. But there were also two ADFs I saw that were so dark a grey as to be nearly black, sort of a charcoal color. There were only two of those, and they happened to also look like some of the smallest frogs in the group. When I choose the frogs we are going to buy with my husband I know he wants ones that look really different so we can tell them apart, so I know he'll be interested in one of the black looking ones. I just wanted to ask if anyone had ever kept the dark ones, and if so if they seemed as healthy as ones of more typical coloring. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not that both of the very dark frogs seemed to be some of the smaller and thinner ones in the tank or if I should be cautious because of that. If people haven't noticed that being a problem, I likely would want to get one of the darker ones, as well as one of the somewhat paler ones and one of the ones with pronounced spotting. I do know to look out for uneven shedding, fungal infections, and redness in the frogs and didn't see any of that in the tank. All four will go into a 10 gallon I've finished cycling along with a Nerite Snail, and that will be the full stocking for that tank.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information