Thread: Pacman Abscess First Aid?

Zehla

Default Pacman Abscess First Aid?

Thanks to those of you who helped me figure out what happened to poor Feeties, or at the very least help me put my mind at ease in terms of being the cause of her death. I won't buy animals from that pet shop ever again, that's for sure.

I'm happy to say I just picked up a happy, healthy, yellow-and-red pacman today that is apparently female. I named her Bertha, haha. The owners of this pet shop, Markheim's Tropical Fish and Pets, are amazingly devoted to the health of their animals and any of my future pets will come from them. They alerted me to an abcess just above her jaw under her right eye, saying it was getting better, not worse, and they were just putting neosporin on it.

For the time being I don't have any but will pick some up tomorrow. It's about the size of a pea, and kind of comes to a "head" and looks like a boil almost. I can't tell if it's drained already or not but it's not noticeable from afar like most cases I've seen. They told me of a very talented reptile vet not too far away from them, but it's an extremely long drive and I don't have many days off this week. I don't want that to prevent her from getting what she needs though.

I'd love to post a picture of it but of course my cell phone is a peice of **** and won't send anything anywhere even though it claims to have "one touch sharing". Should have saved up and got the Droid =/.

It's not ballooning, it's just a lump with a pimple-ish head on it, but it's not discolored, the "head" is the same shade of brown as the rest of the spot that the abscess is under. Looks more like the one in this thread -> http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...y-pac-man.html

Should I try to drain it? It hurts her to touch it so I don't mess with it. I plan to put the neosporin on a q-tip and swab it gently, unless there's something more effective I should be doing?

Edit: Aww it censored me. I promise I didn't say the s-word, just the c version of it, haha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Pacman Abscess First Aid?

Do not use the Neosporin with any kind of pain reliever, as they can kill a frog. Just use plain, old Neosporin. It would be a good idea to get it to a vet at your earliest convenience.

Zehla

Default Re: Pacman Abscess First Aid?

Yeah, I got the original regular neosporin and put some on her with a qtip when I got home. Poor thing doesn't like it being touched. The pet store I got her from offers gift certificate type things where you can take their animals to the local herp vet for a reduced price, so I'll probably give them a buzz and shoot over there and have her taken care of :3.

She's so pretty, once I get a working camera I'll post pictures

Thread Information