Thread: Whites Tree Frog acting ill, Green spot of death?

Default Whites Tree Frog acting ill, Green spot of death?

My whites tree frog has been acting ill for a few weeks, he had lost weight and seemed uninterested in food. The temperature has been lower because of a sudden cold snap and i was unable to get hold of a warmer bulb and crickets for a while. I took him to the vet who told me he isnt an expert on frogs but advised me to give him Anti-biotics and to squirt liquid recovery cat food into his mouth to get food into him and see how he goes. He does seem a bit better recently so i tried feeding him crickets at the weekend which he ate a few of, although i did notice that his swallowing reflex is a bit weaker than it should be and one of the crickets sat at the back of his throat for a quite a while before he managed to swallow it. Today i found out browsing the forum that frogs with neon green spots on them might have a serious bacterial infection (although i vaguely remember seeing neon green spots on him in the past back when he was healthy). Does anyone have any advice?

Picture of frogs enclose: https://imgur.com/a/eiis9
    Picture of frog in question: https://imgur.com/a/1Udjx

Frog lives with an unaffected healthy cage mate in a 45x45x60 terrarium with a day temperature of around 27C and a night temperature of around 23C

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Whites Tree Frog acting ill, Green spot of death?

Please note that those 3 or so bright white spots on his/her head is just light reflecting off his/her skin

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It sometimes takes frogs a while to recover after being sick and having a round of antibiotics. I honestly don't know what to tell you about the spots. I'd personally wait a little while, but you could also make a return trip to the vet with your question.

Id just like to say hes recovered now. I took him to the vets a bunch of times as he continued to loose weight and the vets extensively examined him with xrays and tubes down his throat and couldn't find anything obviously wrong with him so they said to carry on syringe feeding him. a few weeks later he passed a white runny stool and ever since then his green colour has returned and hes started gaining weight, so im not sure what was ever wrong. i think the green spots are a reaction to stress or some kind of illness but im not cetrain.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Stress reaction could make sense. I have no idea what that white stool could be about, but I'm glad he's well. Thanks for sharing that.

Thread Information