How much does a Pacman frog cost?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman Frogs

Quote Originally Posted by Animallover20 View Post
    How much does a Pacman frog cost?
    It depends where you buy one from. Online $15-$30 + (~$30) shipping. PetSmarts generally sells them for $15 unless they're Albino, then they're $25. I think Petco sells them the same or similar to PetSmart's prices.

4. 2 members thank Zofia for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Personally I wouldn't recommend petco or Petsmart, they don't take amazing care of the frogs. At one location a long-dead pacman frog was still being fed Mealworms. I would recommend either a reputable local reptile/exotic shop if possible or ordering as Zofia mentioned. LLLReptiles is the only provider I've heard enough good things about to recommend. A local reptile shop could be a bit more expensive though.
    1 Male Giant African Bullfrog
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony
    2 Australian Green Treefrogs

6. 2 members thank daybr4ke for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

The price will also depend on the species of Pacman frog you want, some of the more rare ones will be way more then Cranwelli or Ornata. I don't know for sure if they sell individual or just wholesale but the Frog Ranch and Sandfire Dragon Ranch produce some very nice and healthy animals. And the owners of these places are some if not the best breeders in the states I believe. The frog ranch was the first place to breed the Albino and Robert Mailloux at the owner of Sandfire was the first to breed the Catinga if I'm correct, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but in pretty sure I'm right. But as mentioned I'm not sure if they are only wholesale or not, you would have to call and see.

8. 3 members thank monster for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Also worth noting, certain color morphs are also likely to be less expensive than others. A Cranwelli's horned frog's normal phase for example, would likely be much less expensive than an Albino fantasy horned frog, just as an example. I would recommend looking for either the nearest reptile expo and picking up a healthy frog there, or researching a reputable online store or breeder, and figuring out what to get from there

Nationality
    [Canada]

If either of the places that I mentioned sells individual frogs you wont get more reputable then that, these guys have been producing quality pacman frogs for years. I'm pretty positive to that Sand Fire goes to a lot of the expo's in the states so you could even run into them there and be able to see the actual frog. And someone can correct me but I don't know if there is albino fantasies, I know I have never seen one or seen pictures of any. But don't get me wrong just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean that there isn't any, I don't know even know close to all the different morphs because there is a lot of them.

11. 2 members thank monster for this post:

Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by daybr4ke View Post
    Personally I wouldn't recommend petco or Petsmart, they don't take amazing care of the frogs. At one location a long-dead pacman frog was still being fed Mealworms. I would recommend either a reputable local reptile/exotic shop if possible or ordering as Zofia mentioned. LLLReptiles is the only provider I've heard enough good things about to recommend. A local reptile shop could be a bit more expensive though.
    Where was the store that you saw them feeding a dead frog?

Nationality
    [United States]

It was at a Petsmart in the Bay Area. It was pretty disheartening to see...there was almost nothing left but bones. I might have mistaken it for a very realistic fake skull tank decoration, if not for the size and my familiarity with frog skeletal structures. There were fresh Mealworms crawling about, which I guessed were just added since they hadn't yet burrowed.
    1 Male Giant African Bullfrog
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony
    2 Australian Green Treefrogs

15. 2 members thank daybr4ke for this post:

Thanks for the information.

Thread Information