Thread: Hey bro! I want another one!!!

Default Hey bro! I want another one!!!

Ahahahah so i guess i'm in love with pacmans frogs. Since i've already got two terrarium, a lot of lamps and sockets and two thermostat, i saw that they have now in the shop, blue, 4 colors, strawberry and etc pacmans frogs.
    And i kinda wanna know, do you guys believe its a good idea? Since the one i have it's still a baby?
    How dificult it became to take care of two?
    I believe Monster has a lot of them, maybe he can enlighten me
    I love my albino, but i kinda want a greeny blueish one guys!!!
    How big does a tank has to be to make two sections for each one??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Hey bro! I want another one!!!

If they are both babies you could split a 10 gallon in half and that would do till they were Juveniles. Just make sure if you divide a tank to have it divided with something they cant see through, being able to see one another will stress them out and may give them that urge to get to the other side to eat the other. And make sure the divider is really secure and theres no way to burrow under it. The guy here in our reptile shop was doing the divider thing and the smaller one of the 2 got under it and to the other side, I asked to see the smaller one while I was in there and that's when he discovered the bigger of the 2 had eaten the little one that got over to his side. IMO if you have the tanks I would just house them separate. If you wanted to house them together when they were adults if they were both male you could divide a 20 gallon long, if they are both female or even one turns out to be a very nice size female she would really enjoy a 20 long to herself. I have my 2 females in 20 longs and my 2 males in 10's, they are all adults. If its a small female a 10 will do, just don't use tanks like a 20 high because I find all the heat goes to the top and its harder to heat near the substrate were they sit. For if I think its a good idea to have 2 babies at once I cant see why not, as long as you have the time to take care of 2 I cant see it being a problem. I don't find it difficult having my four, they all get fed on the same nights and I take one full afternoon once a month to clean out all the tanks. I will be getting more, its just a matter of waiting and being patient because I'm looking for 2 of the more rare kinds. I want the C. Stolzmani which is the smallest and the C.Aurita which is the biggest, and if I cant get the Aurita I would love a C.Joazeirenses better known as a Caatinga. But I would like the first 2 if possible before the 3rd choice. Frogs are like Tatoos, once you have one your hooked a will end up with more.

4. This member thanks monster for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hey bro! I want another one!!!

It's just double the work and feeders, basically. They grow pretty quick and eat quite a bit, so a feeder colony may be a good idea if you plan to keep 2-4 of them. If you have other frogs and/or plan to get other frogs, its definitely a good idea. I've found you can do some things, like mixing the substrates can be done in bulk, as long as it doesn't expose frogs to eachother. You can lessen work a bit with thermostats. Shouldnt be too much trouble IMO.
    Typed this up a while ago, but never hit post...Monster already took care of this one lol
    1 Male Giant African Bullfrog
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony
    2 Australian Green Treefrogs

6. This member thanks daybr4ke for this post:

Thread Information