Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albino pacman not eating, help please.

Default Re: Albino pacman not eating, help please.

Hello guys.
    So Pixie is not eating one more time.
    I didnt touch a thing in the setup. It's been three days that he doesn't eat.
    So he tries to eat sometimes, he misses, and then don't try to eat no more. Any ideas? Tweezers freak him out so i leave the crickets there, but he just lose interest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    Glad to hear he ate something.
    Since the coco fiber seems to be a problem for him(he tries to eat, he eats dirt instead then loses interest on the pray), i'll start putting him in a side box for feeding time with the insects in there.
    I'll try this tomorrow, otherwise i'll try either a dead pinkie(not sure how to lure him to eat it) or some dubia roaches or red runners.
    Any tips on this Monster?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

For the pinkie it kinda comes down to wiggling it. A lot of people who feed via tongs say once the pacman knows to accept things from the tongs as food getting them to eat pre-killed pinkies and pac attack pellets is easy. Otherwise, it just becomes a game of convincing the frog the pinkie is alive. I've never managed with any frog but my toads. They'll eat anything from my hand, as well as try to eat my fingers. Once on the way home one of the pinkies I bought died from the heat, so I wiggled it above my Woodhouse's toads. Soon enough one hopped up and gobbled it down. It'll probably be more work for your pacman. Be careful with a separate feeding enclosure, since it can be stressful for the frog being moved around and placed in a new environment.
    I hope this helps!
    1 Male Giant African Bullfrog
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony
    2 Australian Green Treefrogs

Quote Originally Posted by daybr4ke View Post
    For the pinkie it kinda comes down to wiggling it. A lot of people who feed via tongs say once the pacman knows to accept things from the tongs as food getting them to eat pre-killed pinkies and pac attack pellets is easy. Otherwise, it just becomes a game of convincing the frog the pinkie is alive. I've never managed with any frog but my toads. They'll eat anything from my hand, as well as try to eat my fingers. Once on the way home one of the pinkies I bought died from the heat, so I wiggled it above my Woodhouse's toads. Soon enough one hopped up and gobbled it down. It'll probably be more work for your pacman. Be careful with a separate feeding enclosure, since it can be stressful for the frog being moved around and placed in a new environment.
    I hope this helps!
    For the accepting tongs part i'm screwed cause he's affraid of them... So the problem here is that if i feed him in the tongs, no joy at all. If the crickets are running in the terrarium, sometimes he catches one. Most of the times he misses them and eats coco fiber instead, then he doesn't try no more. Has been a 3 or 4 days that he does this and doesn't eat in the end. Any advice?
    Thanks for the answer man.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yeah, I've had a lot of frogs be afraid of tongs. You'll just have to wiggle the pinkie. It'll be a bit difficult, I think. Monster will probably have some useful advice. I'll post if I thinkcof anything.
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony

Yeah, I've had a lot of frogs be afraid of tongs. You'll just have to wiggle the pinkie. It'll be a bit difficult, I think. Monster will probably have some useful advice. I'll post if I thinkcof anything.
    Thanks for the advice Bryce, thanks i'm open for advice, i'll maybe get some bigger crickets or some roaches too, the bigger it is the easy it'll be for him to eat it without eating dirt, i've bought small ones last time cause i thought the biggers ones where too big, but they would be fine i believe.
    Thanks

Okay, so actually got this guy to eat today.
    Seems that the problem is the coco fiber and him being so little yet. Putted him in a faunarium with 5 crickets, he got one fairly fast which is already good for his size.
    I'll be trying both, if he tries but can't eat in the terrarium he goes to the box afterwards.
    If you guys know some good tips to get frogs used to tongs i'll be listening carefully, cause this could really help me at the moment.
    Thanks.

Apparently, the cricket size matters a lot. I've got ones of 1cms now and he hunts them like a charm. They were too small apparently.
    This one might be too big maybe, i'll have to find 9mm, as the last one of those he hate he fought with it five times before eating him, not sure if this is fine or not.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey sorry I haven't been around but I just had a major lung surgery so I have been in the hospital and haven't been able to get to my computer, I had 50% of my left top lobe removed so I have been a wreck. You are right and sometimes if the food item isn't big enough it just wont catch there attention, I have to feed my guys 2 nightcrawlers at once most the time now that they are adults or I swear its like they don't see them and they just sit there. And ya if they keep trying to catch the food and keep getting mouthfuls of dirt a lot of the time they will just give up, I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions with my guys when they were babies and even now that they are adults. It's stressfull to put them in a different container but if its working for you he probably doesn't have a problem with it so for the time being I would just do what is working so he eats. Being a baby he has to get his vitamins or he will end up growing up not be being to healthy and he will more then likely develop MBD. A suggestion for the tongs, when he is in the container and has eaten a couple crickets and is in feeding mode try to give him a couple with the tongs every now and then and he may eat them and come around. Out of all honesty the trick really to tong feeding is to just keep trying, some frogs eat from them right away while others will be afraid of them forever it seems but then one day they just start eating from them. Patients is the key to tong feeding I find.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yeah, I find even as babies they love adult crickets. Probably could have mentioned that before, I didn't think about it. My bad! I'm glad he's chasing them down now!
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony

I can see that! Ahaha he eats crickets that are almost as big as him. But if we compare sizes its like feeding a pinkie to a adult, so i believe it's enought one a day no? He doesn't want no more anyway after the first one? So for now he's only eating one, but i'll work on the tweezers part. Thanks for the answers guys.
    Name:  IMG_20171017_151346.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  2.22 MB

Thats him after a big cricket, looks fine to you? The lumps are the cricket, he has no lumps normally.

Name:  IMG_2017-10-15_21-00-37.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  1,011.4 KB
    And thats him, in the first one no cricket, and the second it was when he had arrived.

Ps: Is it fine for a baby to eat every 2 days? Or should I try harder? The little guy just don't eat the day after he ate.
    And he tries to borrow to avoid food i believe? Or is he afraid of the big crickets(well he wasnt affraid yesterday)?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey, it’s totally fine if he’s only eating every second day. They say to offer everyday but there’s no gaurantee and there’s a good chance they arent going to.If hes eating every second day he is just letting you know that he needs some time to digest, your good and I wouldn’t worry about it to much.

Perfect, it actually ensures me then thanks Monster.
    So Monster and Bryce, by looking at the pictures, is he still a lit bit too skinny or is fine already?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information