Thread: Serious question about eating habits

Default Serious question about eating habits

Okay so I bought my Red Eyed Tree Frog on March 12th, and since I have had him he has had a terrible eating habit. He would only eat one cricket maybe once a week. When I first got him i had him on eco earth for about four months and the humidity had always stayed between 60-70, I then removed all of his plants and substrate. I replaced it with paper towels thinking that he might have trouble catching the crickets the first week seemed promising as he ate one more cricket than usual that week. (It might be worth noting since I've had him he never ate more than one cricket every feeding.) Then the odd eating habits went back to eating at least one cricket every week. Almost 2 weeks ago I went ahead and put eco earth back in his enclosure since I have done so I had a crazy spike in his humidity because I have added a uth it went from like 60-70 to 90-100 (I know it's not suppose to be that high but I had noticed he had seemed more alert since the humidity spike so I decided to keep it up and since doing so he has eaten 5 crickets and last night had eaten two crickets. (Again he has never eaten more than one cricket every feeding before.) Does anyone know why he would do this and what should i do to help him eat more but not have the humidity so high?
    Bloo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Serious question about eating habits

When I first got my frog he never ate a thing I had to force-feed him for a few months until he finally learned to open his mouth. Now my frog eat as much food as I give him.

4. This member thanks KINGNEPTUNE2001 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It might be that he was new and scared of you then, or it might be that he's sick. Keep an eye on him and see if he starts not eating again or sitting in his water bowl for very long periods of time. Has there been a temperature spike as well as humidity? That could raise his metabolism and make him eat more in theory.

The temperature didn't dirasticly change I believe it's only went up around 5 degrees above it's highest point since putting the uth on the terrarium 70° - 65° at night and it's been staying around 80ish during the day
    Bloo

Thread Information