For a few years I've been encouraging the propagation of several species of pool cover temporary pond life, among them H.versicolor/chrysoscelis (Gray &/or Copes Gray Tree Frog, A.a.americanus (Eastern American Toad) and L.sylvaticus (Wood Frog).

My concern at the moment is that we're having unseasonably cold nights in the 40's and I still have 4 morphing pods each 9x26 inches with an uncertain but large number of Tree Frogs yet to fully morph.

My question to anyone who might know is how low can the water temp drop before it harms them and how can I get them to morph so they can be free to expand the local community in the surrounding wilds as they do every year very successfully.

Usually by this time, first half of September, they're all morphed and I've released them or they've climbed out on their own and embarked on their life adventure but not so this year.

They have an abundance of food and are fully grown and very healthy but I fear they won't become froglets until the first snow flies and I can't tend to them through the winter. My purpose is only to foster their start in life and see them climb into the trees on the acreage.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks!

KP