Hi there,

I've had a fire bellied toad (named Frügi) since I was in 4th grade. Considering I'm turning 30 next year, it's safe to say hat he's had a long life full of crickets, chirping, and floating around. He's always been healthy and active and had a good appetite, although from perusing these threads I am certain I've done a lot of things wrong as a result of assuming that the setup I started with at 10 years old was exactly as it should be. Poor guy.

Anyway. Lately, even though he's got a great appetite and is very active, his limbs have gotten skinny. He seems to need more food than usual, and he hasn't shed in a long time. He's normally a brilliant green and gets a ruddy brownish green before he sheds - he's stayed dark for about a month and a half now, very unusual. His eyesight doesn't seem great, either - he sometimes misses a cricket that's right in front of him.

Today I noticed some little white maggots or worms in his tank. I usually put a little bit of lettuce or broccoli in for the crickets, and it was near the broccoli, so it may have come from it. But maybe they were parasites? I'm not sure.

Despite having had him for so long, he's never been ill before. I'm at a loss! Any recommendations on next steps or potential treatment would be a big help. I've been trying to find a vet in the area that treats frogs but I've had no luck. This might just be a sign he's reaching the end of his days, too - which would be terribly sad, but I get the idea that 20 is pretty old for this species, so maybe he's done well.

I'm sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge.