Thread: My frog has been underground for over 3 weeks, should I dig him up?

Default My frog has been underground for over 3 weeks, should I dig him up?

My female 1 year old Carnewelli went under ground after a soak and has not come up for over 3 weeks now, this is going on the 4th week.

Should I dig her up to feed? I uncovered her head a bit, but she still has her eyes closed. She also hasn't pooped in a long time so I really would like to give her a honey bath.

How long should I wait before digging her up? This coming Sunday would be 4 weeks underground with no food.

Her temps have not changed and neither has the humidity. Temps around 82 in the day 77 at night, humidity at 70 - 80 percent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: My frog has been underground for over 3 weeks, should I dig him up?

How dry is your substrate and how intense is your lighting?I would mist the enclosure really really good and if that doesn’t work I would pour a cup of water on the area it’s underground at. I don’t see any issues digging it up and doing a soak not long after this if you’re worried. Personally Iwould change my substrate (if you have coco) for some fresh at this point as well.

If your substrate is moist, parameters on point, and your frogs healthy then I wouldn’t sweat it too much at 1yr old imo.

Default Re: My frog has been underground for over 3 weeks, should I dig him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyru View Post
    How dry is your substrate and how intense is your lighting?I would mist the enclosure really really good and if that doesn’t work I would pour a cup of water on the area it’s underground at. I don’t see any issues digging it up and doing a soak not long after this if you’re worried. Personally Iwould change my substrate (if you have coco) for some fresh at this point as well.

If your substrate is moist, parameters on point, and your frogs healthy then I wouldn’t sweat it too much at 1yr old imo.

Substrate is moist, but it does need to be changed, I plan on doing it this sunday.

I came today and her eyes where open, so I took her out and gave her a honey bath. Still no poop, and she went right back underground when I put her back in the enclosure. Hopefuly she will eat for me this Sunday.

Thread Information