Thread: New Pacman Frog.. Help!

Default New Pacman Frog.. Help!

So about a week ago my dad bought a pacman frog from petsmart and he was about an inch wide and was really brown. We got him a 10 gallon tank with plants and a log but he stays in one spot. So my concern is, is our frog not happy? Because people said that pacman frogs change colors depending on their 'emotion' and are supposed to be bright green but ours is brown and sometimes its milky, grey-ish color. He eats about 3-5 crickets a day and mealworms sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Pacman Frog.. Help!

You get all sorts of colours of pacman frogs, they're not limited to just green; so don't worry - you probably just have a brown pacman frog. I have seen some changes in colours from shedding, light levels, heat and age, though.

Set up looks fine, but yeah, it'll stay in the same spot a lot as horned frogs are ambush predators. You might see some movement at night.

To ensure your frogs healthy and happy, always dust insects with a calcium and multivitamin supplement and keep it warm, 26-28C at day and 22-24C at night.

4. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm96 View Post
    You get all sorts of colours of pacman frogs, they're not limited to just green; so don't worry - you probably just have a brown pacman frog. I have seen some changes in colours from shedding, light levels, heat and age, though.

Set up looks fine, but yeah, it'll stay in the same spot a lot as horned frogs are ambush predators. You might see some movement at night.

To ensure your frogs healthy and happy, always dust insects with a calcium and multivitamin supplement and keep it warm, 26-28C at day and 22-24C at night.
    That really helps. Im glad he's not stressed or anything but thank you!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Drayze View Post
    That really helps. Im glad he's not stressed or anything but thank you!

The frog can definitely vary in color. Most of these frogs in Petsmart are C. cranwelli Horned frogs, which is the most common frog in the pet trade as a species. They are usually brown, but some baby frogs can be green and change to brown as they mature. Youfr frog looks older than a baby, now it is mature and its colors it will keep have showed up.

Nationality
    [United States]

It's just a brown version. The only thing I seethat needs to be added is covering 3 sides of your tank. It will make it feelmore comfortable, but it will likely stay in that hole it dug 90% of the time. Besidesthat keep your temp/humidity where it needs to be along with keeping thesubstrate moist and your good.

Thread Information