Thread: Which is it?

Nationality
    [United States]

Question Which is it?

So I've seen a lot of conflicting info regarding males vs. Females.. A lot of people say the best way to sex a toad is to pick them up... if it chirps it's a male, and if it's silent it's female.. Then why is it that my boreal toad, which seems to be female, (large size, light throat, no nuptial pads that I can see) chirps when held a certain way? I've heard people also say that both genders can chirp when held....so which is it? I'm also confused about the gender of my Cane toad.. It has chirped when held, looks like a male, but his throat isn't dark (it's cream colored like the rest of his underside)... do all male Cane toads have dark throats? He appears to be full grown, 4.5 inches... so what I'm wondering is, 1. can both male and female toads chirp when being held, and 2. do all sexually mature male toads have dark throats? Thanks for any help :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which is it?

I think i can answer question number 1. Females will chirp when you hold them if they do not have eggs. So most likely that toad is a female without eggs.

Thread Information