Thread: Pacman Frog Legs?

Nationality
    [United States]

Exclamation Pacman Frog Legs?

As you may know, I did post in concern of my Green Pacman Frog's legs. He does not seem to be shedding or anything like that. I also have seen that he no longer will make a little hole to sit in. Instead, he sits on top of the soil. He also does not eat. It has probably been 4-5 days since the last time he ate something. I put 10 crickets in his enclosure, 4 drowned in his water dish, and one just kind of died, so I added more into the enclosure. Right now there are about 7 crickets in his enclosure. He wont eat them. I've also offered live meal worms, but, he pays no attention to them. I was feeding him dried meal worms and basically force feeding him by putting them on his mouth and waiting like 30 seconds, but he'd only eat 1-2, sometimes he wouldn't even eat. I did that every 2-3 days at a time. I am very worried and I really need help with this. I will try to post a picture of his legs (if it lets me). He's also spread his leg straight backwards, opened his mouth, closed his eyes, and made a clicking noise maybe 3 times (He did this one time), and since then, his legs have been all goofed up. I need help, I'm not sure if this is a disease or he broke something, or if it's normal and I should do nothing about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Pacman Frog Legs?

Fill these out, and we will try and get to the bottom of it. Im thinking could be neurological, or may be super stressed. A picture would definitely help.

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”
    The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Size of enclosure
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences
    3. Humidity
    4. Temperature
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish
    6. Materials used for substrate
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often)
    10. Lighting
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12. When is the last time he/she ate
    13. Have you found poop lately
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
    15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.
    16. How old is the frog
    17. How long have you owned him/her
    18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred
    19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats
    20. How often the frog is handled
    21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area
    22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)

by Lynn(Flybyferns) and GrifTheGreat.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

[Temperature]: usually 70-79 (f), [Humidity]: 75-82, [Enclosure Size]: 5 gallon, [Substrate]: Coconut dirt (husk, dirt), [Water]: distilled for misting and distilled for the small dish, [Main food]: was freeze dried meal worms, But he wont eat anything now. [Vitamins/Calcium]: I use calcium almost every meal [Lighting]: the sun (my blinds are down, so it is sunny but not direct sunlight), [Maintaining Temperature]: Room Temp, [Last Time it ate]: 4-5 days ago. [Last Time Poop Found]: Today I found a small piece of poo, and maybe 1-2 days ago I found a big piece of poo. [Symptoms]: Back legs are weird/messed up. They are not close to the body, and are kind of in the back instead of the side. [Frog's Age]: Newly born i'd say. I got it maybe 5 weeks ago, and it was as big as a quarter. [When Did I Get It?]: 5-6 weeks ago. [Wild or Captive]: Captive. [# Of Other Frogs]: There are no other frogs. He is alone. [When Fed]: every 2-3 days. [Handled]: Not very much. 4 other times, today I held him to check out his back legs, So 5 times in total. [Enclosure Location]: Low traffic area. [Enclosure Maintenance]: replaced water every week, soil/dirt change once a month.

Ok. Husbandry is off in several areas.
    1. 5 gallon is okay but still may be too big. Cover three sides of the enclosure, maybe even four sides until your frog destresses. I wouldnt move enclosures until the frog is back on track agian.
    3. Humidity is good. You could even lower it a bit to allow humidity spikes when you spray.
    4. Day time temps need to come up a bit. 82-84 degrees for day time, and 77-78 for night. Besure to have a warm side and cooler side to allow your frog to thermoregulate.
    5. Do not use destilled water unless you use a fogger. Spray with treated tap water or spring water (i even treat my spring water) destilled water has no minerals, and will literally pull vital minerals from your frog. I use reptisafe to treat all water my animals use. The water you use to expand the substrate will also need to be treated.
    7. Be sure to have some sort of hide for your frog (fake plant... just something they can burrow under/near/in.
    8. The meal worms are not good for the frog. They could cause the frog to become impacted and from my understanding are not very healthy. Go with un dyed/tampered night crawlers, and/or properly gut loaded insects (dubias preffered, crickets can work), and if you want a treat food about every month or two. Variation is the key.
    9. This is very important. Calcium with d3 dust twice a week skipping a day in between, and vitamin dust once a week.
    10. They do not need any type lighting so long they are getting the vitamin d3, and have a day and night cycle. I use lighting as a heat source.
    19. You should offer juviniles food daily. Feed all they can eat for 15mins.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thread Information