Thread: Bought a Pacman frog at a reptile show today and on the way home his legs quit working.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bought a Pacman frog at a reptile show today and on the way home his legs quit working.

I bought a Strawberry pacman frog at a reptile show in Indy today and he seemed to function fine at the show. He's about the size of a quarter. On the way home his back legs quit working one by one.

Is this caused by stress or could it be something else?

Default Re: Bought a Pacman frog at a reptile show today and on the way home his legs quit working.

Were the legs all strechtes out?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Default Re: Bought a Pacman frog at a reptile show today and on the way home his legs quit working.

No, the back ones just don't move at all and kind of flop about if he is moved.
    He's made some improvement though and one of the legs now goes to a normal frog position but he still doesn't use it. He just ate a cricket that I coated with the multivitamin powder I use on my other pacman. The next cricket he gets will have calcium.

Edit: if the leg that pulled up to his body is touched he does react.

Weird, eating but leg not working. If one leg went back to normal I would keep monitoring to see if the other corrects itself. Would cover all sides of the enclosure and let the frog destress a bit. If this is a medical issue though im not able to help.

Yah, I'm hoping he sorts himself out. I gave him a cricket with calcium powder and he ate that, he also managed to rotate himself around from where I left him.
    I hope he ends up ok, he's a gorgeously colored frog.

Update, he's doing much better today​. He's hopping around and is moving both legs.

Great news!

Thread Information