Thread: How quiet do frogs need it while sleeping?

Question How quiet do frogs need it while sleeping?

This might sound a bit silly, but how quiet do frogs need it to be while they're asleep? Like, if I were to move around in the room and talk, would it disturb them too much? I live in a small house and the best place for them would be my room, (as any other room in the house would be exposed to louder noises, brighter environments, and air fresheners.) I don't make that much noise during the day, the loudest thing I'd probably do is laugh at a video.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I wasn't really sure what to do with this thread.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: How quiet do frogs need it while sleeping?

Depends on a frog, But some of them you need to physically move them to wake up, but then say for waxies even that might be not enough lol

Having said that there are no studies done to say how sertain noise levels affect frogs, so I would do it based on common sense.
    Properly done tank is more important, noise levels - reasonable common household noise should be fine......
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: How quiet do frogs need it while sleeping?

I have 2 white tree frogs and they sleep through all kinds of noises. This made me laugh because my issue at the moment is my African dwarf frogs sing to eachother underwater and they've been LOUD lately . I only have 2 1 female 1 male. When I saw this my first thought was who cares how quiet they need it because mine wake me up all the time . But not the tree frogs they sleep really well and are also pretty quiet. My female wakes up more often because she's nosy and really social with people. The male sleeps through it all. I wouldn't worry about normal noise. If you were playing the drums or had other big noise going on then you de need to attend to it. But I think your good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Information