Thread: Fire bellied toads, I'm doing it right!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Fire bellied toads, I'm doing it right!

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a shoutout as to how i'm progressing with my new friends!

I ended up killing all the fish on accident when I was moving them to a different tank, I ended up cleaning out the entirety of the tank and cleaning the gravel out by hand.. was not the easiest. We're using two filters, both are working hard but i've thought about using a canister filter. The water went from clowdy brown before I did the water changes to a somewhat clear clean white. No idea how the fish lasted this long, anyways we still have the plants from two weeks ago, alot of growth from the vine. I took out most of the decorations so I can get a gravel vac and clean the gravel that way. I ended up removing the background until we can find one that can fit my 55 gallon! It may not be as impressive as most of the setups i've seen on here but for someone just starting out in the world of amphibians I think it's pretty to look at and my little guys just LOVE it.

Thanks to all of you who helped me get this far, i'm learning alot about aquatic plants, frogs and fish. I love how each frog has their own personality.

I'm still learning and I deff know what i'm doing now. If you can offer advice that'd be great!

If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Fire bellied toads, I'm doing it right!

Is that FBT perched on top the waterfall contemplating escape? Hard to tell the scale but it doesn't look far to the rim. My dominant FBT would be out of there in a flash. He's pretty aggressive at trying to get out any time I move the screen cover to feed them or change water.

I keep trying to get my wife to kiss him just in case he's really that handsome prince the witch turned into a frog <<grin>>

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Fire bellied toads, I'm doing it right!

Quote Originally Posted by privet01 View Post
    Is that FBT perched on top the waterfall contemplating escape? Hard to tell the scale but it doesn't look far to the rim. My dominant FBT would be out of there in a flash. He's pretty aggressive at trying to get out any time I move the screen cover to feed them or change water.

I keep trying to get my wife to kiss him just in case he's really that handsome prince the witch turned into a frog <<grin>>

Hahaha... And no, he always hangs around there, they each have their own hang spot that I usually see them, he usually hangs around there.
    If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Thread Information