Thread: Unsure if impacted

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Unsure if impacted

Hello, I'm new to this whole forum thing so bear with me. I have a adolescent pacman frog at the moment, and i think he may have a very small build up forming. I can only just barely see it (if he isn't annoyed with me poking around in his terrarium and puffed up) and only just barely feel it. He's still eating, and i only bring this up because every case of impaction i've read says their little guy stopped eating.

I changed his substrate about 5-7 days ago and cant find any poop, he's been fed 2 meals of about 6 large crickets in that time span and just ate 3 now. Any help would be great, I could be just paranoid who knows. Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Unsure if impacted

Don't feed him until he defecates, soak him in warm water.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Unsure if impacted

Quote Originally Posted by Msoteres View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this whole forum thing so bear with me. I have a adolescent pacman frog at the moment, and i think he may have a very small build up forming. I can only just barely see it (if he isn't annoyed with me poking around in his terrarium and puffed up) and only just barely feel it. He's still eating, and i only bring this up because every case of impaction i've read says their little guy stopped eating.

I changed his substrate about 5-7 days ago and cant find any poop, he's been fed 2 meals of about 6 large crickets in that time span and just ate 3 now. Any help would be great, I could be just paranoid who knows. Thanks in advance!
    Hi, welcome to the forums! You are doing just fine with all that forum thing
    if he is eating it's very unlikely he is impacted, they sometimes bury "the treasure" and you don't see it. Watch for bloating, not eating, it's hard to miss that. Also keep in mind they eat less as they grow. I would just suggest to move to nightcrawlers as a staple, they are very easy to digest, crickets are low in nutritional value, even when gutloaded. Dubia roaches are good too if you can get them where you live. Variety of low chitin containing food items is the best diet!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information