Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Juvenile pacman frog not eating

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Juvenile pacman frog not eating

Now that you just mentioned he has grown another inch it made me think of something. If he was around inbetween 2 and 3 inches when you got him that would more then likely make him a juvenile. They should be fed every 2 to 3 days. And if you force fed him that worm you need to stop force feeding and let him chill. If you got him 2 weeks ago and you have been trying to feed him every night since 1. he is probably full 2. he is probably scared and severely stressed out. I would leave him be for a few days and then see what happens when you try to feed. Force feeding should only be done when the frog is in dire need of food and visually has lost weight. It is very stressfull and if he gets to stressed it lower his immune system and then he will vulnerable to becoming sick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Personally I would make sure my humidity/temp are spot on and leave it be. I would also suggest some more plants for cover and cover 3 sides with something. I imagine it doesn't feel very secure and that's probably part of the problem. Also look into Canadian nightcrawlers/similar as a staple. Varied diet is good, but it doesn't get much better than earthworms as regular food source imo.

Nationality
    [United States]

Does he really need places to cover when he just hides himself under his bedding all day and never comes out?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya even though they bury in the substrate they still like plants. If you can find a couple with big leaves that would be really good. When they come out at night they will sit under them and all 3 of mine bury under theres during the day. My big female if I take her favourite one out or move it she will pace the front of the tank till its put back in the tank or till I put it back in its normal position. but I must admit out of three she is also the grumpiest and it doesn't take a lot to annoy her.

Nationality
    [United States]

GOOD NEWS!!

He finally ate on his own! instead of force feeding I gently shoved the roach near his mouth repeatedly until he got angry chomped down on it. From now on I'll try to keep feeding him less often. And I'll add more plants.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey that's good to hear!! Try feeding every second night and see how that goes, and if he doesn't take it then don't stress and try the next. What you did is an actual way a lot of people will get there frogs to eat when they are hesitant, but its more rubbing under the chin/lip then bumping. That or touch his foot with it, it doesn't always work and I know it sounds weird but they don't like it much and don't worry he wont bite his own foot. If you notice while feeding that he tries to push it away or bats it with his foot while in front of him, this means he isn't interested and isn't hungry. And again glad he finally ate own his own, sometimes it takes awhile but they usually come around.

8. This member thanks monster for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I'll try that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information