Thread: Cysts on back legs of whites tree frog?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Cysts on back legs of whites tree frog?

Ok so, I "rescued" two Indonesian whites tree frogs from Petco about a week and a half ago. They were skinny, kept in an enclosure of essentially ALL water save some floating logs, and just didn't look good at all...I know it probably wasn't the best idea but it broke my heart to see them like that. Anyway, I got home and started to really examine them and the smaller of the two checked out, besides some runny poop and he was ridiculously hungry. (I tossed a few crickets dusted with repti cal in their tank when I got home didn't expect them to eat right off the bat but they went nuts over the food like they hadn't eaten in days!) Anyway, the larger of the two is my main concern. He has this odd spot on his back that is kinda raised up a little. It's very subtle. And today when he was jumping around and eating, I saw a flash of white on the inside of his leg. There are two cylindrical white things on the inside of his back right leg that are under the skin. The two of them have gone through a week of mela fix treatments and they are on their week off until Sunday.(I found a link on another frog forum I have run across with the dilution and such for frog treatment with mela fix.) now that they have had said treatment and have been with me for a bit, their poop is solid again, they still are voracious eaters and are plenty active(and talkative might I add...we might have had a few "conversations"...lol)So the only thing going on are those two things with the larger frog.(his name is Venusaur btw, so I'll refer to that from here on out.)As soon as I can figure out how to attach pics I will.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Cysts on back legs of whites tree frog?

As you can see, normal poop, he is on paper towel substrate until further notice, humidity is between 50 and 70(tends to be on the lower side when I get home from work. Most of the day it stays around 60 to 70), and temp is a steady 80 degrees. I tried to Google these things and naught came up... :/ I'm hoping it's nothing life threatening :'(

Nationality
    [United States]

Also he is shedding often, as you can see in the pic. I am doing nothing different than my blue phase whites tree frog(in another tank atm)or the smaller Indonesian whites tree frog and all seems relatively normal with those two. :/

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would be concerned that the white areas could be parasites or abscesses. Is the dark green speck a piece of something or an actual mark on his skin?

I would consider seeing a vet, sending a feces specimen for ova and parasites, and would continue his quarantine set up. Eating and hunger is a good sign.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

That is just a little speck from the fake leaves that I put in there for him to hide under. To help keep down stress. If they are absesses I'm not sure what I will do. There is no amphibian vets even close to me and I won't attempt ANY of that.

Nationality
    [United States]

Are you in the USA?

You could try emailing Dr. Frye.

dr.frye.vetatmilan@gmail.com

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

How's hour frog doing?

Nationality
    [United States]

Well after two weeks of melafix, he seems better. The white spots have shrunk but he does have little spots of them left. Otherwise, he's a happy, hoppy And need I add, very LOUD froggie lol. When the three of them get going, I hear his voice the loudest, the little brat haha. I'm still monitoring him, but he is on regular coconut fiber substrate and eating his cockroaches and crickets still. Although I still get weirded out seeing the cricket eggs in their poop. I get a lot of female crickets that are loaded with eggs, therefore, lots of baby crickets in my enclosure...

Thread Information