Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My pacman Beast mode :)

spec

Default My pacman Beast mode :)

http://http://www5.snapfish.com/snap...NAME=snapfish/Figured out the forums found the pacman's obviously. This is mine, he's so awesome. How do you tell the difference between the ornates and um... just a horned frog? anyways enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

spec

Default Re: My pacman Beast mode :)

These pics didn't come out so great quality wise. :\ Anyways, i see alot of things about moss being able to cause impaction. My frog seems to love it, he never comes out of it and never visits the jungle bed. Couple of questions i havn't found the answer too; what kind of hand protection is best suited for handling my frog? latex gloves? Should i take the moss out? Is a 2/3rds dry 1/3rd damp environment the right way to go? Today and the day before yesterday i ignorantly fed him alot of fish. I could only get him to eat 2-3 crickets and he won't accept the superworms. (saw a post about kind of letting them get hungry to reduce pickyness ) but with this being said, he ate 9 rosies and today he ate i think 4-5 rosies and two large comet's. He seemed to prefer these alot. And if you read and have an opinion or some valid insight, please post a reply. Thanks p.s I also gut loaded the fish with freeze dried blood worms. out of the selection of food they had the highest protein content 55% crude protiein 3% crude fat 5% crude fiber 5% moisture also containing a vitamin E suppliment

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Telling the species apart is a matter of body shape and markings. Ornates tend to have a more dome shaped head, different shaped markings and usually, though not always, a dot on the back of each eye.

As for the other questions:

Hand protection - I don't wear anything. Just don't approach the frog's face with your fingers, go from behind.

Moss - It won't hurt to remove it. I personally wouldn't use it.

2/3 dry - a moisture gradient is a great idea.

Rosies - live rosies are a potential source of gut parasites that get passed straight on to the frog.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

spec

I'll stop feeding them to him, hope he hasn't contracted a parasite allready. Any kind of preventative care for this ? OH, also i got some dechlorinator w aloe. Does the aloe help or do i need to ditch it?

spec

Can yiou guys see the pics i posted?

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    I'll stop feeding them to him, hope he hasn't contracted a parasite allready. Any kind of preventative care for this ? OH, also i got some dechlorinator w aloe. Does the aloe help or do i need to ditch it?
    If you freeze the fish solid for a few days, then thaw them, they will be safe in so far as parasites go. The Aloe is harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    Can yiou guys see the pics i posted?
    Yes.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Musicpanda

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Telling the species apart is a matter of body shape and markings. Ornates tend to have a more dome shaped head, different shaped markings and usually, though not always, a dot on the back of each eye.

As for the other questions:

Hand protection - I don't wear anything. Just don't approach the frog's face with your fingers, go from behind.

Moss - It won't hurt to remove it. I personally wouldn't use it.

2/3 dry - a moisture gradient is a great idea.

Rosies - live rosies are a potential source of gut parasites that get passed straight on to the frog.
    John how long can you hold a frog? My Pacman hates it but sometimes I have and I do it with soaked hands cleaned in mostly hot water cause I'm afraid to clean them with soap before I touch Hugo, sry about the hijacking :/

spec

I've gotten beastmode to eat an earthworm today. Took advice from one of John's replies on another thread about a lil bit of hunger. Woke up today and i could barely get it into the cage before ( chomp ) i just wish i hadn't been late to work so i could have dusted it. He was in his water bowl when i woke up. I read somewhere else on here that when they're hungry they'll kind of be out in the open. Good stuff sofar, trying to spread the word about how cool and inexpensive frogs can be to my friends. This site will be recommended to everyone, thanks john & friends! (thumbs up)

spec

Name:  hi worm.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  160.6 KB

Name:  bye worm.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  gettin fat.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  154.3 KB

couple pics i took today week after the originals at the top getttin biig

Amphibians

Probably cut the worm into smaller segments next time, as voracious as they are that might be a little big.

NICE NAME

spec

He'll eat 2-3 of them. i do however think i've been over feedin him. i guess since it's my first one and i've not had it long, i honestly enjoy him being active so when i see him out and i feed him is the only time i can see him actually move. i dropped in the worm today and he caught it in mid air. i got it on video lol

tattoofix

I really Love His Color! I havent Got to See mines Full Color yet Because He ALWAYS has bedding on half of him because he insists on Cleaning then going to Bury himself andd Get all Dirty!

spec

i like yours too, in your pics it always kind of looks like you suprised him while he was doing something he shouldn't be doin. i dont think we have the same type of pacman. do you know why they look different?

tattoofix

Lol I know! its Like he Was masterbating or something :P BUT.. I did scare him today i think.. they Sleep with their Eyes closed right? Well He was buried And I couldnt find him, Well my Glasses accidently hit the Side of the tank, next thing you know, His eyes Shot up from the Dirt, and the Bedding that he covered himself with was Going up and Down like I scared him So bad that he Was panting! lol it was kinda Funny, but kinda Creepy.. o.O

spec

maybe he's half horny toad?

tattoofix

Hmmm maybe... I never thought Of that

spec

couple of updates on my frog, I think i thought i hear my frog croak the other day. The tv was on and uh i heard a peculiar noise. i was like was that my frog? lol w/e i don't care either way as long as he/her eats/poops/burrows for a really long time.

spec

Got the pics to work again, im gooood. I love this frog. getting rather dark these days tho.

John911

looks good. ive been curious to see how much the color changes.

spec

yea i didn't really know the frog would change color this much but, hey, what can ya do lol i joined this website the day i got my frog, it grew faster than i expected. Does the growth seem around the right rate of these and i'm curious to what species of pacman i have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information