Thread: #of Whites per Gallon question

Default #of Whites per Gallon question

Hello. I have a 33gallon aquarium that currently contains 1 whites tree frog. I also have 2 more that are too small to live in there safely with the adult.

Thus before they get older or I get tempted to buy a 4th I feel I should probably ask... How many whites is it safe to raise in an aquarium this size? 3? or 4? (I think I may have mentioned this a few months ago in a different thread but I haven't been able to find it...)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: #of Whites per Gallon question

I have three in my medium exo-terra habitat. If I am correct with the measurements, it's about the size of a 20 gallon. They seem rather comfortable in there. I think four isn't a problem.

Then get a second 33 gallon, and get four more.

Skulldroog

I go by the rule of 10-15 gallons per frog. With this amount of space per frog, they can move around freely, and have enough space to do whatever.

33 gallons is quite a large tank for frogs in my opinion. You could go with 5-6 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldroog View Post
    I go by the rule of 10-15 gallons per frog. With this amount of space per frog, they can move around freely, and have enough space to do whatever.

33 gallons is quite a large tank for frogs in my opinion. You could go with 5-6 I think.
    Haha really? Oh no soon my "I have too many crickets" problem will become a "I need more ten gallons so I can have enough crickets for all these frogs!" problem.

Skulldroog

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal6 View Post
    Haha really? Oh no soon my "I have too many crickets" problem will become a "I need more ten gallons so I can have enough crickets for all these frogs!" problem.
    Yeah. They get quite the appetite when they reach adult size. My guys, who are adult size, eat 6-10 crickets a day. Lol.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldroog View Post
    Yeah. They get quite the appetite when they reach adult size. My guys, who are adult size, eat 6-10 crickets a day. Lol.

Good luck.
    My 2 young ones are worse then my adult. I feed him as much as he'll eat in an hour once a week but the 2 young ones never seem to be full and I don't want to be as strict on their feeding schedule if they are still growing.

Thread Information