Thread: Froggie Defect/Problem

Default Froggie Defect/Problem

So, I'm watching my friend's golden tree frog for a year, and I remember she adopted this frog because it had a problem, and we can only sell healthy pets. I've tried and tried and tried to remember what the problem is called, but I simply cannot. Who can tell me? It's the "bump" on its back. What is it, and what causes it? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Froggie Defect/Problem

I am not seeing anything wrong with this frog.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It looks like some Spinal Deformity. I can see the back has a ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    It looks like some Spinal Deformity. I can see the back has a ridge.
    I think Kurt is blind. Old age takes its toll on the eyes.

J/K, Kurt.

Seriously though, it's annoying I can't remember. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue. I believe what it was affected his legs. He seems to move around well.

Anyways, just curious if anyone would recognize it. I may try to get better pictures. I am actually excited that he's out of his log and I could take pictures. I put the table and tank between two black pieces of furniture, and now he'll come out and stay on the walls next to those.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I was trying to find out what it would be and this was all I could find. Be prepared, it has some photo's of some sick frogs. Really sad. Elaine is the third photo what it looks like? http://www.qldfrogs.asn.au/01_cms/details.asp?ID=36#86

Those pictures were very sad.

The third picture looks somewhat like what Luigi has, but much, much worse. But I've shown pictures of Luigi before and everyone thinks it was some sort of injury when he was younger (which makes complete sense. He's like a clumsy toddler. He probably has hit his head several times. lol).

What the golden treefrog has is much more symetrical. It goes across the whole width of his back.

Kurt

You mean like a pelvis?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    You mean like a pelvis?
    No. It's very tall and had been to the vet and was deemed adoptable only.

I planned on taking more pics, since Kurt is blind, but this seems to actually be disappearing. It wouldn't show up on pics now. It's strange. This frog was in an isolation room for months and then at my friend's for over a year, and it had quite a large "bump" on its back, and only recently has it been going down.

Also, I have to share Kurt's words, because it made me laugh.

Me: Do goldens call?
    Kurt: Yes, but only collect.

CaptainMorgantown

I hope that this isn't a defect as my golden has it too

I remember when i bought her, all of the other goldens had the bump, and while I thought that it was odd, I just thought that it was just a bone frogs have that's more obvious in this species. I came across this site awhile ago ( Golden Tree Frog [Polypedates leucomystax] - $15.00 : Live Reptiles for Sale from GeneralExotics.com, Healthy and Active Exotic Reptiles Delivered to Your Door! ) and the frog in that picture has the ridge too.

But I've shown pictures of Luigi before and everyone thinks it was some sort of injury when he was younger (which makes complete sense. He's like a clumsy toddler. He probably has hit his head several times. lol).
    Yeah, Bulbasaur is pretty clumsy herself. She is always hitting her head off of the top of the cage I would like to get another one just to see if it really is something with the species.

Maybe the frog is ok now. It use to be very, very noticable. You could spot from a distance that something was wrong with the frog. I guess since I've seen it so often, I haven't noticed it until people said, "Your frog is fine" and then I think, "But it wasn't fine. You could see it. The vet said it wasn't fine. We couldn't sell it." I am stumped about what it was or how it got better.

Thread Information