Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Figuring out what toad is right for me?

Default Re: Figuring out what toad is right for me?

The only problem with keeping toads... Is the fact they need to be immedietly taken to a vet to get tested for parasites.... You cant get them sterile/parasite free... Now with pacmans since they're captive bred they likely do not have such issues... Though problem with pacmans is you need a permit... Such a dilema eitherway... Ps if i do go with toads i plan on breeding them so that they can be sold as captive bred.... I wasnt planning on doing this until i just thought about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    The only problem with keeping toads... Is the fact they need to be immedietly taken to a vet to get tested for parasites.... You cant get them sterile/parasite free... Now with pacmans since they're captive bred they likely do not have such issues... Though problem with pacmans is you need a permit... Such a dilema eitherway... Ps if i do go with toads i plan on breeding them so that they can be sold as captive bred.... I wasnt planning on doing this until i just thought about it.
    If you start out right, toads should be fine, as long as they have multiple hides, plenty of foliage, (Live or fake) access to a water bowl or water section, and some UVB, and they should be fine until you can find a vet. If you want a toad, there's nothing to stop you from looking for a vet before you decide though, so you can have it on hand to get rid of any parasites that they may have. To convince them to start eating, get a feeding bowl (To make sure they don't ingest substrate) and give them wax-worms and night-crawlers, night-crawlers are a great staple diet, as they are very nutritious and easy to digest, and wax-worms are good for getting something to eat, because they're high in fat, and are natures candy pretty much
    Last edited by Cliygh and Mia 2; February 23rd, 2016 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added more stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    If you start out right, toads should be fine, as long as they have multiple hides, plenty of foliage, (Live or fake) access to a water bowl or water section, and some UVB, and they should be fine until you can find a vet. If you want a toad, there's nothing to stop you from looking for a vet before you decide though, so you can have it on hand to get rid of any parasites that they may have. To convince them to start eating, get a feeding bowl (To make sure they don't ingest substrate) and give them wax-worms and night-crawlers, night-crawlers are a great staple diet, as they are very nutritious and easy to digest, and wax-worms are good for getting something to eat, because they're high in fat, and are natures candy pretty much
    yeah if i can't find it... I might just get toads. Whats the difference between american and woodhouse toad? Ps is a woodhouse toad is that a fowlers? I saw on the site it saying that fowlers toad is woodhousii? I looked onthe state site

Nationality
    [Canada]

Sorry to hear about LLL Reptile, I have never used them just have seen good reviews on here about them and seen them advertising adults before on there website so thought I would throw there name out there. To be honest I haven't seen adults advertised to often, but that's just me. I prefer to buy as babies so I haven't looked around a lot for adults. Have you checked Fauna? You may be able to find one there if you do eventually set your mind on a pacman.

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    Sorry to hear about LLL Reptile, I have never used them just have seen good reviews on here about them and seen them advertising adults before on there website so thought I would throw there name out there. To be honest I haven't seen adults advertised to often, but that's just me. I prefer to buy as babies so I haven't looked around a lot for adults. Have you checked Fauna? You may be able to find one there if you do eventually set your mind on a pacman.
    Its ok. I tried fauna. Only found males on there....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    yeah if i can't find it... I might just get toads. Whats the difference between american and woodhouse toad? Ps is a woodhouse toad is that a fowlers? I saw on the site it saying that fowlers toad is woodhousii? I looked onthe state site
    Fowler's toads used to be classified as a sub species of Whoodhouse's toad, but were split recently due to them being different genetically. They have the same care, but Fowler's would be easier to collect, as they are an east coast species

Fowler's toads used to be classified as a sub species of Whoodhouse's toad, but were split recently due to them being different genetically. They have the same care, but Fowler's would be easier to collect, as they are an east coast species
    oh i still have to buy them though ... if a vet finds out i could get in trouble

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Well then you'll actually find A.woodhousii for sale, as they are often found for sale. Here are some listings I found, but they are sadly out of stock: http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/toa...-for-sale.html http://www.reptilesncritters.com/alb...use-toads.html http://www.reptilesncritters.com/woodhouse-toads.html

10. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Well then you'll actually find A.woodhousii for sale, as they are often found for sale. Here are some listings I found, but they are sadly out of stock: http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/toa...-for-sale.html http://www.reptilesncritters.com/alb...use-toads.html http://www.reptilesncritters.com/woodhouse-toads.html
    thank you, now if i could find young female toads (3) red phase and different colors..and 2 young males for sale....that i could clean the parasite off... since i cant do it myself i want to do it by the book so i dont get in trouble

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information