Thread: Varied diet item ideas

Default Varied diet item ideas

Hello all, I've got a 1 year old Cranwelli that I'd like to make thrive as much as possible. I'm wondering what you all mainly feed your own frogs, both on a weekly/semi weekly basis, and rarer foods. I'm currently rotating through one mouse every two weeks, alternating with night crawlers on the off weekends. I've tried fish, though I was only able to dupe him into eating one; he was uninterested to say the least. Fire away, and thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Varied diet item ideas

Hey

I've got a year old Cranwelli too. I feed him 1-2 times a week for now, mostly on crickets, superworms and nightcrawlers, with the odd pink mouse every month or so. I'm changing to nightcrawlers as a stable, adding dubias, superworms, pink mice, Repashy meat pie in at every other feed between then repeating. Big fan of Repashy Superfoods and gut load the insects on the bug burger and then lightly dust them with calcium plus.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hi, I also have a Cranwelli that I have had for exactly one year. I got her last year in January. I feed her once a week pretty much what ever she will consume in one sitting, if she seems to be acting like she's looking for food through out the week I will give her something to hold her over till her feeding day. This doesn't happen very happen often, usually the one big feeding per week is good enough. I know when shes hungry because she will come sit at the front of the tank waiting for me, I love how she does that. My 6 month old Ornate I feed every second day and my baby Cranwelli I feed every day. The ornate would eat everyday also if I gave the opportunity to him, sometimes I think he could eat himself to death the little chunker. My main staple for all my frogs is Canadian Nightcrawlers, and I will give crickets to the baby and the ornate. My big girl couldn't be bothered by a cricket. I will give wax worms ( the year old wont eat these either), hornworms, butterworms for treats every couple weeks but the night crawlers and crickets are the main diet. Every so often I will give a pinky. I don't have a lot of options for diet that aren't high in fat content. Cant get dubias or locusts. And IMO once they are old enough to eat nice size pieces of night crawler and don't need as many small crickets the growth rate difference is incredible. I use Repashy calcium plus also for my vitamins, and gut load all crickets before feeding.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Cory! Yay! You are still around! That's awesome!

im feeding exactly like Cory but we can't get dubia here. Nightcrawlers and dubia are the best staple. As a treat you can use variety of foods - pacman food, hornworms, silkworms, mice ( no more then one a month), crickets. Keep in mind most big frogs won't bother with a small prey though.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

I have to ask, is locusts okej to give a packman?

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

They've got more meat than crickets but need high temps to gut load and should be tong fed or they'll escape the frog

8. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

Thread Information