Someone had converted an old wooden cabinet with glass front doors into a reptile enclosure. Its waterproofed I was told. Its 3ftx3ftx2ft and well made.
In person it turned out larger than I was thinking based on the photo so I started thinking about what I could do with it. Originally housed a chinese water dragon, so it came with a waterfall and some big sticks and foliage.

I just got some baby crested geckos and my original plan was to move them into this when they are adults.

But... I was thinking with all that space... for the bottom half, taking black PCV and making a frame like an open air terrarium and putting black screen on the top to prevent the geckos from getting to the bottom, and at the bottom a glass panel or flooring tile on one side (or back since there is already holes for cords back there) with an attached heating pad to provide a basking area for a pacman frog.

Since pacmans and cresteds need about the same humidity, but the pacman needs a warm spot, I thought it would be a good way to have both and utilize the space nicely. I was planning on a plastic liner for the flooring for moist substrate to keep it from sitting directly on the wood for the frog to burrow into. But I didn't want the heating pad to be directly on the wood either an a tile emits a nice big area of heat but a piece of glass would work too.

Then a UVB strip bulb at the top to grow some real plants. I can then open the doors to feed the geckos and frog and clean them up easily.

So what do you think? Doable idea?