Thread: New phyllomedusa sauvagii keeper

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default New phyllomedusa sauvagii keeper

I currently have 4 domestic waxy monkeys; in years past I had many amphibians that were imported and I got very discouraged with their condition, parasites, etc. and eventually got a domestic Mexican Leaf who lived for 9 years. Missing him terribly, I was searching for waxy's and got lucky in Sept to find 4 babies.

In addition to enjoying them every single night I hope to breed them to help other people experience these awesome frogs. Living in Socal, they are pretty much the only frog easy to keep, since most of the time our humidity is very low.

Having a terrible time posting pics despite being the right size, trying jpg, img etc. but if I ever figure that out I would like to post pics to see if anyone can help tell their gender. Two males for sure as they have dark nuptial pads and are calling. They were maybe 1-2 months old when I got them (11-17 grams). I can't seem to find anywhere how much the frogs weigh when mature. They are now ranging from 33-40 grams.

Other than the previous frog experience, I have kept chameleons (raised Jackson's), bred cooters and sulcatas, African Greys, Senegal parrots and the list goes on. Even raised praying mantids using fruit flies, what an experience watching those tiny bugs stalk and kill, lol. And I currently have a nice breeding group of dubias for OBVIOUS reasons.

I own a bird pet store so I have access to most items to take care of the "kids" well. Looking forward to talking to people who know more than me!

Default Re: New phyllomedusa sauvagii keeper

hello dude ,waxy monkey is hard sp to breed , u need more info to search ,as i know , watch the different of nose to tell male and female . and for breeding ,afer a long hot dry cycle . u put them into a rainchamper .

Nationality
    [United States]

so how do you tell gender based on the nose?
    Phyllomedusa sauvagii 3.0.1, Strawberry hermit crabs 1.1.0, 10 purple pinchers, African Grey 1.0.0, Alexandrine 1.0.0, Half Moon Conure 0.1.0 , Ivory-billed Aricari 1.0.0

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

You don't Check your thread in the tree frog section, I replied a couple of days ago.
    Find me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011064331624

Trachycephalus resinifictrix - Trachycephalus nigromaculatus - Agalychnis callidryas - Agalychnis spurelli - Phyllomedusa sauvagii - Phyllomedusa bicolor - Phyllomedusa vaillanti - Phyllomedusa tomopterna - Gastrotheca riobambae - Anotheca spinosa - Cruziohyla craspedopus - Cruziohyla calcarifer - Hyla arborea - Litoria caerulea.

5. This member thanks Diver for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Diver lol

welcome to the forum!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

7. This member thanks Lija for this post:

Thread Information