Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for new frog/frogs

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Looking for new frog/frogs

Sorry I have to step back in, couldn't resist.

I moved mine from 10 to 20 after they kept bashing into the glass and kept falling to the floor. Snout abrasions are known in tree frogs and one reason is most likely because the enclosure isn't big enough for them to jump but I changed tank before this would likely happen.

They don't and most smaller sized tree frog are kept in 20-gals, where as larger tree frogs in at least 29-gals When it come to the size though you can put more smaller sized frogs in a tank of the same size than you could with larger ones, simple.

I wouldn't keep any frog in a 10-gal long term, not even a horned frog. They're good for raising froglets but for adults they're very small and limiting.

You can keep a human alive in a prison for a life but does it give the person a good life? Probably not but rightfully so.

Do what you want at the end of the day but you can't expect someone to recommend a tank size in which they don't agree on. It's a forum at the end of the day and everyone's going to give their opinions and advice, it's up to the reader to take the advice or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Dace View Post
    You're all saying it's too small but you aren't giving any evidence other than your own, emotionally- driven opinion.
    why exactly would all tree frogs need the same space regardless of size?
    no, not all tree frogs need the same space and these statements are not based on opinions, but experience. Jason, they rub their noses not because the tank is too small but because they stressed out. It could be not only because the tank is too small, you can also see it presenting in tree frogs living in a big enclosures. Husbandry mistakes and stress levels in frogs and any exotic animal in general are by far the leading causes of all cases we see in vet practice.

for the last time, since you guys obviously didn't read my warning earlier, but I see why Jason posted this. This is a second warning and very strong suggestion to read forums terms of use, that you agreed to when signing for an account. Any more violations will result infractions.

OP asked about his tank, s/he was given opinions. If you want to discuss anything other then that you are welcome to start a new thread in appropriate subforum and discuss it in a civilized manner. Thank you!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

4. This member thanks Lija for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

Thanks Lija

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    no, not all tree frogs need the same space and these statements are not based on opinions, but experience. Jason, they rub their noses not because the tank is too small but because they stressed out. It could be not only because the tank is too small, you can also see it presenting in tree frogs living in a big enclosures. Husbandry mistakes and stress levels in frogs and any exotic animal in general are by far the leading causes of all cases we see in vet practice.

for the last time, since you guys obviously didn't read my warning earlier, but I see why Jason posted this. This is a second warning and very strong suggestion to read forums terms of use, that you agreed to when signing for an account. Any more violations will result infractions.

OP asked about his tank, s/he was given opinions. If you want to discuss anything other then that you are welcome to start a new thread in appropriate subforum and discuss it in a civilized manner. Thank you!
    I'm sorry, I didn't refresh the page before posting between the time you and Jason posted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information