Thread: shaking

Nationality
    [United States]

Default shaking

My frogs back legs are shaking and I don't know why. It's about 83-85 degrees in his tank and the humidity is pretty high. Can someone possibly tell me why he's shaking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: shaking

This can possibly be due to calcium deficiency.

Do you dust / supplement?

See this post (or search for others) for some info and ways to assist if it is calcium deficiency:
    http://www.frogforum.net/showthread....l=1#post247663

Others on the forum that keep Pacman may be able to provide more info.
    I don't keep Pacman, but calcium deficiency can generally be the source of this in frogs.

4. This member thanks Tzunu un for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I do but I'll need to buy more because it seems that I have miss placed it. I'll get some as soon as I can

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [Canada]

It could also be a neurological problem, I would keep a close eye on him to see if other parts of his body start trembling and for him flipping over. If he continues to shake and it doesn't stop you may want to bring him in to a herp vet to get checked out. how long have you owned the frog?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    It could also be a neurological problem, I would keep a close eye on him to see if other parts of his body start trembling and for him flipping over. If he continues to shake and it doesn't stop you may want to bring him in to a herp vet to get checked out. how long have you owned the frog?
    I've had him for almost a year and he started this the other day when a cold front came in so I thought he got cold but Idk now.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya if it keeps going I would bring him in for checkup for sure. Shakeing back legs doesn't sound very good to me.

Nationality
    [Canada]

As I was going downstairs to make dinner which I really need to do I just thought of something else. What does the underside of his legs look like? Could you post a picture of his underside, it could also be a sign of red leg. Which is one of those diseases where he can be fine one day then wham the next day hes not. And its a bacterial infection, how often to you clean his tank and water dish?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

My severely malnourished adopted frog wasn't eating well for a while and I had been soaking every couple of days, started to have leg twitches. I cut back on soakings and got him eating with a stronger vitamin regiment, and he got better. Muscle spasms and cramps in most things are caused by an imbalance of nutrients. Make sure his food is dusted and gut loaded, his water is treated tap water, do not use RO water or distilled, and that his appetite is healthy.

Nationality
    [United States]

As I was going downstairs to make dinner which I really need to do I just thought of something else. What does the underside of his legs look like? Could you post a picture of his underside, it could also be a sign of red leg. Which is one of those diseases where he can be fine one day then wham the next day hes not. And its a bacterial infection, how often to you clean his tank and water dish?
    I can't get him to stay still long enough to get the pic and my camera isn't that good but they look red (sorta like raw skin color) and I clean the tank every couple months (I've read to do it every week and I've red to do it every other month) and I clean the water every day or every other day

Nationality
    [Canada]

You should try to clean the tank once a month, even though you pick up the poop they can pee a lot and that has nowhere to go but in the substrate. I clean my big girl once a month and my 2 month old Ornate I clean every 2 weeks at the moment. I clean the baby more often because his immune system isn't as strong so he would more vulnerable to illnesses. If the legs are a little pink that's kinda normal, they would get this from rubbing over the substrate or when they burrow sometimes they get a little pink from rubbing on the glass on the bottom of tank. Now if its really dark pink that's not normal, and usually with redleg they will start to get little sores almost like little scabs. I would get him more vitamins as suggested and if the pink worsens in the next couple days or the convulsions get worse I would say its a safe bet to make a call to the vet. its hard to tell if its redleg without pics but I hear you about the camera thing, my camera on my phone takes very blurry unclear pics.

Nationality
    [United States]

You should try to clean the tank once a month, even though you pick up the poop they can pee a lot and that has nowhere to go but in the substrate. I clean my big girl once a month and my 2 month old Ornate I clean every 2 weeks at the moment. I clean the baby more often because his immune system isn't as strong so he would more vulnerable to illnesses. If the legs are a little pink that's kinda normal, they would get this from rubbing over the substrate or when they burrow sometimes they get a little pink from rubbing on the glass on the bottom of tank. Now if its really dark pink that's not normal, and usually with redleg they will start to get little sores almost like little scabs. I would get him more vitamins as suggested and if the pink worsens in the next couple days or the convulsions get worse I would say its a safe bet to make a call to the vet. its hard to tell if its redleg without pics but I hear you about the camera thing, my camera on my phone takes very blurry unclear pics.
    It's not badly pink. It's like a light pink like you said it's probably from rubbing up against stuff. I'll start giving him more vitamin. Hopefully it'll clear up

Thread Information