Thread: Help...Hyla Punctata

Louis

Default Help...Hyla Punctata

I visited "HK International Reptile Expo" a day before. I found my dream frog there, Hyla Punctata. I finally got four to home. They seem healthy now. I think the care of them is as the similar way as care of my Sphaenorhynchus Lacteus as they are both come from Brasil and Amazon etc region and with similar body form. But it is my own conjecture only. It is surely wrong to care for them just base on my guess. I know this is not a good practice to start keeping any pet without plenty research, but I really can't resist these awsome guys. Does anyone keeping them now or kept before? I need care sheet and all information about them. Please help. Thanks very very much.
    Last edited by Kurt; July 18th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Help...Hyla Punctata

I have been trying to get my hands on Hypsiboas (Hyla) punctatus for quite some time now, so no I have not kept any. Over a year ago a pair was sold to me but they turned out to be Sphaenorhynchus lacteus.

I would keep them just like you are keeping any other rainforest treefrog, good ventilation. frequent misting, tall enclosures, and so on.

Louis

Thanks Kurt. I'm very depress as one of them dead last night. The other three seem healthy and willing to eat but I'm still worry because someone told from other frog forum that this spiece is hard to keep in captive and always dead without any apparent symptom. Do you know about this? And someone told that Hyla Punctata sell in the market are all WC but never CB, is this absolutely? And is this mean no one had sucessfully bred them? Thanks to reply.

Kurt

As far I know, all Hypsiboas punctatus (the updated name) are wild caught in Suriname. As far as to how difficult it is to maintain them in captivity, I cannot say. I have yet to get my hands on any. I have read that Rhacophorus reinwardtii are difficult to keep, but mine are thriving. So I have a tendency to think that H. punctatus in my care would do the same.

Thread Information