Thread: How to treat a sore

treefrogsrules

Default How to treat a sore

Hey everyone my WTF has 2 sores 1 on is snout 1 under his eye as u can see in the picture how can i treat it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: How to treat a sore

If it's just a scrape try keeping some Neosporin on it. If it doesn't look better in a few days it needs a vet, it could be an infection.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi treefrogsrules, cute frog.
    If you can, try to find out whats causing the injuries and remove it...maybe something like a jagged edge in the enclosure. About two years ago I had a frog that had the skin on the nose area wearing away and i found out that this particular frog liked to sit in this one corner with his nose pressed up against the glass. It was a daily ritual of his. In the end I had to line that particular spot with pressed moss. He still goes to that spot but nose is all good now.

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Hi treefrogsrules, cute frog.
    If you can, try to find out whats causing the injuries and remove it...maybe something like a jagged edge in the enclosure. About two years ago I had a frog that had the skin on the nose area wearing away and i found out that this particular frog liked to sit in this one corner with his nose pressed up against the glass. It was a daily ritual of his. In the end I had to line that particular spot with pressed moss. He still goes to that spot but nose is all good now.
    That's great advice Ebony. I love how you come in at a different angle when looking at problems.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Thanks Paul

Kurt

Make sure the Neosporin you use is free of pain relievers, as those will kill your frog. Personally, unless you know it is infected, I would just leave it alone.

Iratus ranunculus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Make sure the Neosporin you use is free of pain relievers, as those will kill your frog. Personally, unless you know it is infected, I would just leave it alone.

A dab of methylene blue tends to work wonders.

bshmerlie

The original Neosporin has bacitracin, Neomycin, and polymyxin in it. Is that save for frogs? My frogs don't have any boo boos but it would be nice to know for future reference.

Thread Information