Thread: Frog Growth

Default Frog Growth

I've had him/her for just about a year now and it doesn't seem like its growing that the rate it should. Is there anything to speed up the growth rate? I feed 4 giant nightcrawlers every few days with crickets and superworms mixed in.

Its amazing how aggressive it is for its size. Likes to headbutt and try to bite me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Frog Growth

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, that looks like a healthy Pixie to me. Would you mind getting a photo of his/her belly I would like to determine the sex of the GABF. Very cute frog by the way!
    http://imgur.com/a/gwqlK

Just to give you an Idea my male is the one in the back he is 11 months and my female is in the front she is 1 year and 22 days
    Last edited by souzaco; August 21st, 2015 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Showing a photo.

Wow. Awesome looking frogs. I love that shade of green on the male.

Heres my attempt at getting a pic. It does not like getting held.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Pics of the belly do nothing to determine sex of the frog. How big is a guy? Take a clear pics: from top, from front eye level.

a year old should be adult sized, but there are exceptions. Are you supplementing food? How often and what do you use? What is your husbandry?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Its about 4.5in. Gets nightcrawlers and crickets with the occasional superworms and wax worms with calcium powder.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It's a perfectly healthy looking girl. She is not going to grow much anymore, females are smaller. You might want to add multivitamin powder 2-3 times a months or so.

Do you see how small in comparison to a body her head is ( first pic) and narrow too? Males have way wider, massive head. The last pic ( eye level) confirms that the head is pretty narrow, giving much cuter look. The fact, that she is eating great, proper and supplemented food, looks healthy and at 1y old is 4.5", confirms that too. Middle stripe that she still has is typical for a females too.

Beautiful frog!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Well thats disappointing and good at the same time. I had ordered a male but its definitely easier to maintain a smaller frog tank. Plus I've grown attached to how aggressive/grumpy she is. Thanks for the confirmation of the gender.

Thread Information