Hello everyone....

First off, I am new to this website, so I hope I put this post in the correct section... sorry if I didn't. I am also very new to frog/toad keeping, and currently have two American toads and one gray tree frog.

I was recently on vacation for three weeks while my neighbor took care of my animals, and I just got home yesterday evening. The gray tree frog (I call him Richard) is very small, as he only just left the tadpole stage less than a month ago. He is only large enough for flightless fruit flies (or pinheads, but they aren't sold at stores near me). This is the first time I have used fruit fly cultures, and because of this I made a very large error, which I feel extremely guilty about. While I was away, the material on the bottom of the fly containers seems to have spoiled, as it is now a brown fluid. Even so, the flies continued to reproduce. However, without the nutritious material, the flies I saw when I got home were about half the size of the healthy flies, and were a sickly pale color, with light pink eyes. It looks similar to albinism, in a way. Anyway, with the flies not getting the proper nutrients, neither was Richard (Even though I left instructions to dust the flies with a nutrition supplement powder twice a week). He had gotten his adult coloration while I was gone, but hasn't grown at all, and in fact, he looks almost smaller. He doesn't appear emaciated, and still acts healthy.

Last night, I found him some small, fat silkworms to eat, which he seemed to greatly enjoy, and seemed to look better this morning. I plan on getting him new flies ASAP, and I think he will be able to pull through. But I was wondering what I can do to help his growth/recovery, other than the supplement powder. I was unable to find any information in my many Google searches, but one of them lead me to this site. Any advice on what I can do to increase his nutrition intake will be appreciated...

Thanks