Thread: New edition

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default New edition

Hello everyone, just wanted to share my new edition, an anery Honduran milksnake. Got her from the exotics vet center where I got that internship. Anyway, a guy called because the snake was eggbound. Upon learning the cost pf surgery, he asked how much it was to euthanize her. He didn't want to pay that either and instead planned to kill her himself. The vet was having none of it and so she had him relinquish the snake to her. She did the surgery quite easily and the snake recovered and is eating well every 5-7 days. The snake needed a home though, so she asked if I would be able to take her. Talked it over with my parents and on Wednesday, the snake will be home with someone who won't stick her in the freezer.

Here she is, 3 years old according to her former owner.

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

2. 3 members thank Frogman1031 for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New edition

Aww! So cute! I hope that other person never gets another pet ever again!

5. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

What a nice looking snake, and yes I hope this guy never gets another pet forsure. Its amazing how many people buy a pet not thinking of the responsibilities that come with owning it beyond feeding it, and something like a snake or a big GABF I believe a lot of people get them so they can feed it live mice so they can get their kicks out of it. And as soon as that novelty wears off they don't want it anymore. Or as soon as a health problem arises they are trying to give it away to someone else so they can pay the vet bill for, or as you said Eli just bring it home and kill it in some inhumane way. The world we live in is sad place sometimes. I seen an article this week of a guy in france that buried his dog up to its shoulders with a bag of gravel or cement tied to the lead in the bush and left him there to die. The filled up bag was so if he digged his way out somehow he couldn't walk because the weight would hold him back. It was a ten year old dog with severe arthritis so im imagining he couldn't afford the vet bills anymore so this was his way out, there was even a bunch of rocks surrounding the dog that the authorities figured he was throwing at the dog well it was stuck there. The dog was found by a jogger and is now safe and in better care. Again some people just shouldn't have pets.

7. 2 members thank monster for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Awwww what a little beauty. Congrats
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

9. 2 members thank LilyPad for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

She's in her new home now . Let me tell you, she's nothing like frogs! By that I mean she didn't get the slightest bit stressed upon being moved to a new home. started exploring immediately. Furthermore, she pretty much refuses to bite. I of course wouldn't intentionally harm her but this afternoon when I was putting her in her transport tank she didn't grip my
    Arm tight enough and almost fell. Let out the tiniest little hiss and continued to happily slither along. I'll get some pictures up when she's had a couple days even though she didn't seem stressed. The rules are still the same

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

11. This member thanks Frogman1031 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

She's a beauty! I'm glad she's in good hands and has been given a second chance =)
    -Jeff Howell
    ReptileBoards ( Branched from The Reptile Rooms )
    "If you give, you begin to live." -DMB

13. This member thanks JeffreH for this post:

Thread Information