Thread: Finally got my baby C. Ornata

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Finally got my baby C. Ornata

So finally after waiting about 3 weeks I finally got my ornate. I was supposed to get a really nice Cranwellis a few weeks ago but he fell ill with Neurological problems and he actually passed in the guy hands while I was at the store. The funny thing is 3 days before I went to pick him up I went in the store to look at the pacmans and I picked him because he seemed the healthiest, he ate for me was alert and everything. Then 3 days later when he went to pick him up he went into serious convulsions and flipped over, didnt even try to right himself. So buddy scooped him up really quick and the poor guy flipped again in his hands a that was it, he just passed just like that. He was very mad and was on the phone with distributor before I had even left the store. Anyhow so today when I went down he had 3 ornatas and an albino and told me that I could pick which ever one I wanted and I picked this little guy, it was well worth the wait. I felt like a kid in candy store. The last pic is of groot the grump my 6 1/2 month old not sure if its a he or she at the moment but im really thinking she. And sorry about the darkness, being albino I didn't want to flash and all that was on in the room was a lamp. I think the darkness makes the pic look cool.

2. This member thanks monster for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Finally got my baby C. Ornata

Congratulations! That is a good looking ornate! I am glad you finally got your frog

5. 2 members thank Sunshine for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Well I must say all in all his first night home went pretty well, what a difference between the 2 species ( Ornata to Cranwellis). My Cranwelli the first night home buried and that was that, no eating or nothing till the next night. And it took the Cranwelli awhile to adjust to the tongs. This new guy took from the tongs lastnight with out a problem, and he ate 3 crickets. Now that I know he will eat from them im going to try some nightcrawler tonight, I was actually very surprised when he took the food so fast. I figured all the stress from travel and stuff would have freaked him out and he wouldn't eat and he was going to bury himself right away, I was very wrong. I must admit I am very happy with my new purchase.

7. This member thanks monster for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

yeah I know how you feel. Not only will I hopefully get the specific type of newt I wanted, I might be getting a breeding group of ten! It kind of feels like a kid going into a candy store and coming out with all the candy!
    Last edited by Cliygh and Mia 2; July 10th, 2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: I did not spell kind of right

9. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Yes it was nice being able to pick out of the bunch. And there was another one that was the exact same as this guy/girl and he was abit smaller and they came from the same group of eggs, so im hopeing picking the larger of the 2 If they are the same age that I picked the female.

11. This member thanks monster for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Well last nights nightcrawler tong feeding was a success, and that's great for me because the less I have to use crickets makes me happy. Stinky little buggers. And again I have to say this guy is a way better eater and a lot bolder then my Cranwelli was as a baby. As soon as he was able to see the worm piece he was right on it, I must say im pretty impressed. I will still use crickets while he will eat them but im now that I know he will eat the night crawler that's becoming his staple.

13. This member thanks monster for this post:

Thread Information