Thread: What do you think of this toad ?

bntz

Talking What do you think of this toad ?

This is the most often-seen toads here because it live with humans not in the forest. We can find it in the garden and park. And in the rainy season quantity will raise. According to the wikipedia, this toad live almost in all Asia from India, China, and southeast asia and in Indonesia itself this toad live in all island in Indonesia. It's a Bufo melanostictus native people often call this toad kodok buduk (kodok means toad, buduk means not taking a bath ). Please comment what do you think about this toad and anyone ever keep it ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: What do you think of this toad ?

Very nice. I really like the dark markings with it's colouring. looks like someone painted the toe nails.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

They are beautiful toads and I have one in my collection. I would love to get another one.

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Very nice. I really like the dark markings with it's colouring. looks like someone painted the toe nails.
    LOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tgampper View Post
    They are beautiful toads and I have one in my collection. I would love to get another one.
    Are you sure ? Where you get this and how much ?? This toad very common here you know. I can find one every 1 meter walk. In rainy season this toad population will raise. But no one keep this as pet here.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bntz View Post
    LOL !!!

Are you sure ? Where you get this and how much ?? This toad very common here you know. I can find one every 1 meter walk. In rainy season this toad population will raise. But no one keep this as pet here.
    I liked the thin black lines around the eyes, it really sets this species apart from the rest. I bought my frog from a pet shop for about $20. Not bad for an unusual exotic. It was labeled as "Malayan Toad". No one at the pet store knew much about it, so I did some research and was able to identify it. One thing for sure, it eats alot .

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by tgampper View Post
    I liked the thin black lines around the eyes, it really sets this species apart from the rest. I bought my frog from a pet shop for about $20. Not bad for an unusual exotic. It was labeled as "Malayan Toad". No one at the pet store knew much about it, so I did some research and was able to identify it. One thing for sure, it eats alot .
    To be honest, people will laugh on anybody who keep this as pet because it's like keeping ants as pets (you this toad are common here). People around here call it buduk means dirty like you never take a bath for five days.

Yes it's eat a lot because farmer consider it as pest control against bugs. I have ponds in my backyard and many of this guy wandering around. And that's why my dad very upset because his cricket maybe eaten by them

hyla

This toad looks like its wearing makeup! Very gothic...if there was ever a toad that could play alternative metal music, THIS would be the toad! Very neat looking.

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by hyla View Post
    This toad looks like its wearing makeup! Very gothic...if there was ever a toad that could play alternative metal music, THIS would be the toad! Very neat looking.
    This toad will fit to be gothic rock icon

Thread Information