Thread: Frog Shenanigans.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Frog Shenanigans.

So, Gertrude set a record tonight by leaping out of my hands three times. I must not have brought my a game tonight or something. XD

I was trying to put her back in the tank, when she leapt out and landed on the rug, then peed on it. (Ew. Can you not?) Attempt number two, she landed right by my computer and on the third try she landed on the floor again, but made it into the tank after.

That was honestly a little scary and nervewracking.

Does anyone else have any frog escape stories to share? (preferably ones with good endings!)
    I have a frog. She's fat and green. Her name is Gertrude, because she is fat and green.

2. This member thanks BeckyM for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Frog Shenanigans.

My big green girl, Martha, got loose when I was taking her back to her house after a medicated bath. Jumped right out of the critter keeper and between two tanks onto the rack they are sitting on. I was trying to move the smaller tank over so I could grab her when she slipped between the bars! Luckily she landed in a big plastic tub on the shelf underneath. Unluckily she also landed in a measuring cup full of potting soil in that tub and needed another bath after that... *shakes head*, frog kids!
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

5. This member thanks irThumper for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: Frog Shenanigans.

I have two, not related to frogs, and both related to Cliygh. (Or Cliff at the time I thought she was a boy) The day after we brought her home and put her in her set-up, we could not find her. We looked and looked, and I thought she had gotten out somehow, but my dad decided to shake out the rock cave hide because he had just found out that it was hollow, and that there was a hole in it. He shuck it a few times, and then baby Cliygh fell out looking so dazed and confused, and afterwards my dad duct-taped the hole, and it is still taped to this day. The second time was when Cliygh was a teenager, and probably two months after we had gotten Mia for "him"(Still thought he was a boy) and as a lot of teenagers do, Cliygh wanted to get out and explore the world, but she was always in her normal tank. Well all except during winter, when it was too cold for them to be upstairs, so we brought them down in a breeding box (It had enough space for them, wasn't trying to breed them) and in there we had a water/feeding/hide dish thing, a spiky rock plant, and my mom told me to put a toy in for them, so I put a top in there. Now I thought the water dish was in the right place, and for Cliygh, it definitely was. She climbed to the highest point of it when the box was still open, looked up at me with her little silver eyes as if to say "Get out of the way!" and she braced herself, and jumped, clean out of it, grabbed on to the air-holes on the thing, and tried to run to a potted plant that was by the window. I grabbed her and put her back in, but little did I know Fowler (My big adult toad that passed while I was in California recently) would do the same thing eventually

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Julep, my White's has figured out how to push the tank door open but he didn't go far after he escaped.
    He's also jumped out of the tank, landed in an empty waterbowl which flipped over onto him.

I probably shouldn't let him out as much as I do, but he looks so anxious to get out. Sometimes he climbs back into the tank on his own when he's had enough of outside.

8. This member thanks elly for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Oh, and if you have been reading my threads, Smaug the American Five-Lined Skink got out for three days while I was going to the Georgia Milestone tests last school year, and when I caught her, the look of surprise on her face, like "How DARE you catch me!"

Thread Information