Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Misting?

Default Misting?

I am thinking about buying a Pacman frog, and I have been categorizing everything I need to buy. I am under the impression that Pacman frogs need to be in a humid climate, and every humidifier I have seen has been very expensive. Can anyone direct me to the system they use? And also, can someone list all the types of pacman frogs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Misting?

Umm, you don't need a humidifier for your pac-man. You need to get a spray bottle or misting system to raise the humidity in the cage, not the entire house!

Sorry I meant to say that all misting systems I've seen have been expencive.

Sorry for double posting, but I have a spray bottle laying around my house, after washing it up, do you think I could use it?

Nationality
    [Canada]

I always used a spray bottle from the dollar store for my pac man. Worked just fine. Fogger systems seem to be pricey but I never really looked into getting one.
    Pac man species: Cranwelli, Ornata, Cornuta, Aurita, Joazeirensis, Stolzmanni, Testudo, Calcarata and may be others... The first three are the most popular kinds or at least the most widely available but each has its own positives and drawbacks. For example, The Cornutas are cooler looking with the big horns than the Ornata (in my opinion) but they tend to be more challenging to care for. I am not an expert on this though so maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

7. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Revosok View Post
    Sorry for double posting, but I have a spray bottle laying around my house, after washing it up, do you think I could use it?
    I wouldn't re-use it just in case. They are super cheap at the dollar store and they seem to last a long time for me.

Thank you

Nationality
    [Canada]

You are welcome What kind do you think you want to get? I love pac mans

I really like high red ornate pacman frogs, but I am just going to go to Petsmart to buy my tank and other supplies, and I may buy a pacman there. Though, I have another question, at Petsmart, do they have all their pacman frogs in one tank?; or do they have the different breeds in different tanks?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Not sure. Any time I have gone to a Petsmart they would only have one pacman, and they were usually Cranwellis. I don't think I have ever seen an Ornate but I remember someone on here a while back found one there.

If I don't see anything there that I like, I will just buy one off the internet.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Sounds good. The only reputable breeders that I know of are IvoryReptiles and Mike's Phat Frogs, and Josh's Frogs also sells Pacs I believe.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hi, the 8 kinds of pacman Sunshine posted is all there is from what I believe and the first three like she said are the most common. If it is your first one would steer clear of the C.cornuta because again she is right that these can be abit challenging, very picky eaters from what I hear. The one left out is the fantasy which is a morph of the Cranwelli x Cornuta. If you have patients I would look around the internet or go to an expo before getting one from a petsmart. They are not all the same but a lot of these big chain stores don't take care of these animals properly and you get them home to find out a couple weeks later that they are sick with something. Again I know some are better then others, I haven't heard all terrible stories from people purchasing them from there. Even if you a have little mom and pop store in town or close by I would check there to. And ya most the time I go in there they are always cranwelli. And so you don't get tricked if you really have your mind set on a Ornata check for false eye spots on the back of each eye, there is a very good picture of this in a recent thread by a guy named Grabibus.

16. This member thanks monster for this post:

Do you think that this would be a reputable breeder? http://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/...y-pacman-frog/

Nationality
    [Canada]

I'm not sure. I have never heard of them before. I would strongly recommend against a fantasy frog if you are a beginner though. They are the cross breeding of a cornuta and a Cranwelli and tend to be difficult to care for like the Cornuta. It seems that they also tend to have a lot of health problems. I am going to check out that site and see what I can find as far as customer reviews etc.

Thank you, I also like ornates, and they sell them for the same price. Are ornates simple to take care of?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ornates are much easier to take care of and they are pretty Great choice as a beginner Pac. If you do decide you want an Ornate make sure it has the false eye spots on the back of its eyes. That is how you tell it is an Ornate.

21. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Wow, that looks really cool!

Nationality
    [Canada]

You would love an Ornata, they are very good as stated as a beginner and they are a beast when it comes to feeding. They will eat anything. L.O.L And ya like I said and sunshine stated really look for those false eyespots, there is a lot of different morphs out there were if you don't know what to look for you could easily be tricked by someone and buy the wrong frog. For underground reptiles I think I have seen some threads on here that say they aren't the best but I could wrong, hopefully someone that knows more about them will put there thoughts into this post. Or you could always look threw the testimonials at the bottom of forum and I imagine you will find something in there.

I sent them an email asking for pictures of their newest batch (I specified what I wanted to see in the photos).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information