Help me make this Pacman eat crickets
    Here in South Korea, is not someone to solve this problem
    It is necessary So your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Pac-Man did not eat crickets

How big or old is your Pacman frog, or how long have you owned him/her? What is the temperature and Humidity in the tank, and how big is your enclosure? What are you using for water and substrate? When was the last time you found poop? There is more questions but if you could answer these few they are very important factors for his health and digestion. Oh, and what kind of pacman frog do you have? Do you notice anything off in his appearance? for example does he look like he has any lumps sticking out of his sides or does he looked swollen/ bigger then usual. And if he just having a hard time catching the crickets you can try ripping the back legs off so they cant jump.

4. This member thanks monster for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Make sure your humidity and temperature are ideal. Check the substrate to make sure its not soiled and nasty. You should be using eco earth or ground coconut fiber. My little juvenile I keep in a small bin I change the substrate once a week. My 4" in a 20h tank I change every 3 weeks.

I switched from crickets to Canadian night crawlers as a staple. They're a lot easier to keep and the movement seems to set both of mine off. Nutritional wise they're way better as well. If you want to stick with crickets I usually have to rip the legs off and use my tweezers to keep placing it in front of the frog. Once you get it use to tongs it will eat anything, because it will associate tongs with food.

6. This member thanks Pyru for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

If you've just got your frog he might need a week or so to settle. Make sure your providing enough coconut fiber for your frog to burrow completely and feel secure. Day time temperatures are in the high 70s to low 80s. Make sure your insects are of an appropriate size, too small and he won't be interested.One way to gauge the size is between the distance of his guys or half the size of him. Mine didn't accept crickets when I first got him, so tried locusts and he liked them. Try feeding him them with forceps, depending on how crazy the insects going you might need to shake it a lil to interest him. All the best

8. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

You want heat around 82F during the day and let it drop to about 78F at night, Humidity you want around 70% to 80%. I try to keep mine around 75%. The heat is very important, if its not warm enough his metabolism will really slow down resulting in slow digestion and lack of appetite. A very important thing is what kind of frog you have. I have read and heard people having a very hard time with feeding if its Cornuta. From what I understand these frogs eat a lot of other small frogs and if this is what has been introduced in the store or if they are wild caught and have had the chance to taste frog its very hard to ween them off that diet. Coma07 are you able to get other feeders or are you only able to get crickets?
    Last edited by monster; June 14th, 2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: info

10. This member thanks monster for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    You want heat around 82F during the day and let it drop to about 78F at night, Humidity you want around 70% to 80%. I try to keep mine around 75%. The heat is very important, if its not warm enough his metabolism will really slow down resulting in slow digestion and lack of appetite. A very important thing is what kind of frog you have. I have read and heard people having a very hard time with feeding if its Cornuta. From what I understand these frogs eat a lot of other small frogs and if this is what has been introduced in the store or if they are wild caught and have had the chance to taste frog its very hard to ween them off that diet. Coma07 are you able to get other feeders or are you only able to get crickets?
    No wonder my albino cranwelli doesn't wanna eat the crickets... I had to irritate him with the cricket then he will be willing to take a bite

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya I noticed you said in the other thread the previous owner was feeding frogs and guppies, not the best staple diet due to to parasites and other things. And ya unfortunately all can say for advice is keep trying the crickets and worms and eventually he will take them. And if not from being annoyed he is eventually going to get hungry and when that hunger comes I bet he will be willing to eat anything. Another thing to think of is a frog is bigger then a couple crickets so it would take longer to digest, so if the guy fed him lets say right before you got him he may still be full. Maybe contact the previous owner and when the last feeding was and how much.

13. This member thanks monster for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    Ya I noticed you said in the other thread the previous owner was feeding frogs and guppies, not the best staple diet due to to parasites and other things. And ya unfortunately all can say for advice is keep trying the crickets and worms and eventually he will take them. And if not from being annoyed he is eventually going to get hungry and when that hunger comes I bet he will be willing to eat anything. Another thing to think of is a frog is bigger then a couple crickets so it would take longer to digest, so if the guy fed him lets say right before you got him he may still be full. Maybe contact the previous owner and when the last feeding was and how much.
    I fed him 5 crickets on sat and it's tue night already, do you think I should stick to every sat? I dust with repashy calcium plus.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Crickets are a pain. If you can get away from feeding him crickets, I suggest you do. Crickets are a mission and they are loud and stinky. If you could, feed him nightcrawlers that would be great. I feed my pacman dusted nightcrawlers and she loves them. Nightcrawlers are great for these guys, easy to maintain and even to breed if you wanted to. Plus they are quiet and don't stink. Plus they can live for extended periods of time with little maintenance, unlike crickets. I would say once nice size nightcrawler is equivalent to 5 large crickets at least. I also give my frog some fish from time to time, not often. Pinkies as a treat whenever I am around a pet shop that sells them alive not frozen. No more than once a month on the pinkies btw. My frog also likes that pacman food zoomed sells that you wet and roll up, smells like cat food lol. Take some of it and fit into a cricket mold and fed it to your frog, he wont tell the difference..LOL JK. No hoppers or mice, they can hurt your frog. Good luck

Thread Information