Hello

So yesterday my male and female x.laevis were 'attempting' mating all day - the male literally didnt let go of her and i thought it a bit strange him staying on for so long - from when I got up in the morning to when I went to bed - they were latched! My female has never produced eggs before and shes about 6 yrs old.

They live in the tank with another male x.laevis and a male x.mulleri - and had them for about 5 yrs since they were froglets. All are healthy. All x.laevis are wild rescued from the UK. The x.mulleri is also wild caught from africa.

She has always looked like she has had a twisted spin which has become more apparent since shes grown up but has never looked like its affected her.

This morning I got up and took me a while to notice she wasnt moving for a while - she was in the normal hanging position at the top of tank - but on closer inspection, her nostrils were underwater and she wasnt moving and was not responsive - she also had this strange white stuff on her skin - which was not there yesterday. Also her arms have changed colour. Im assuming shes dead!

The male who was trying to mate with her yesterday has been displaying very eratic behaviour all morning and darting to the surface every so often to breath but in a very uncontrolled eratic way. He is not normally like this and seems very distressed.

Ive tried attaching a picture of my dead female, but its not working :-(

Does anyone have any idea why she might have died after this mating - is this common for the male to possibly have drowned her?
What is the white stuff on her back?

Im so upset as I was really hoping for some eggs but now I only have males :-(

Many Thanks
Gemma