Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sos!!!!! Wtf

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Sos!!!!! Wtf

HELP!

Ok so whilst at petco because my usual guy was out of crickets. We saw nice whites. Wee babes to be exact. So.

This guy was flipping out, kind of seizing, appeared to have been blinded, and hopping/slamming/rubbibg his face across the substrate. Poor thing hopping and flipping out. I flipped my dome piece. So now i posess the frog needless to say. A picture will be posted of it in qt as soon as my phone loads to photobucket.

Honey bath done
    honey water in water soak
    60%humid
    Paper towel substrate.

Im kind of freaking out trying to load a pic with throttled data

Any adcice till the pic is up?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sos!!!!! Wtf

Thinking MBD, might be to late for him, seizures are not a good sign

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Mbd? It seems to have its head cocked down. It raised it a few times. Wiggled and got comfy and is now resting and breathing a little fast i think. The right side of its head is a little swollen from banging it about.

But appears ok at the moment.

It seemed to relax after i doused my hand with enzyme water and held it a minute to warm it up. Poor thing was frigid to the touch.

Were not going to give up on the little bugger. This is our first time with whites. I know 50-60% humidity is key and the temo is about80? We have 3 red eyes, pac man, a ton of fbt's, anoles and long tail mixed pain in my @$$. So husbandry is no issue if i know what to shoot for... since its a baby should i keep it a little warmer? Id say its an inch from nose to vent

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I am almost positive it is MBD. That is what my Upland Chorus Frog did, (I thought it was that she broke her legs) have seizures, head down, just frail and cold to the touch so I believe that is MBD, and a very severe case at that

6. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Man thats depressing as can be. Im prayin theres no froggy funeral in the am. If he makes it well assist it in eating a few d3 dusted fruit flies or tiny crickets. Ugh heartbreaking

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yes, dusted items will help, but it does feel bleak at the moment. Thinking it gets better, thinking it dies, when it actually dies... You know I am going to talk about a happier subject, Puppies! Who doesn't like puppies!?! (If anybody understands that Bestinslot reference, than you are my new best friend!)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

I love puppies! We got 2 rotten pits. One was a bait dog(talk about an uphill struggle whew!) The other abandoned in a trailor up the hill from me.

Back to it. Im staying up tonight as i always do with sick animals, for observation and researching the issue. Its moving a few inches now and then, attempted a hop. The wife made a honey water and enzyme solution and is using a dropper every so often to help. I think its not going to make it, shes hellbent and smacked me lmao. So if not que-serrah... my local vendor has a pair of blue whites im after for $45!

10. This member thanks Krispy for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Even if this guy heals, I would say get the blue phase ones as well! They make great pets, and are fun guys to take care of!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Also, is it dragging it's hind legs when it moves or no?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. At first it did, then after being home and having a soak it stopped. Its very disoriented. Kind oc still drags one arm a little. When it tensed up and stretched out and went hard i snapped. Gobbled it up and applied a little pressure till it stopped. Was only for a few seconds. At the store it was trying to hop with its back legs stretched and dragging, also knocking its head on the water bowl.

This is salt on a wound. Also nursing a new drop off ball python that was cut and burnt w cigs... grrr... snake is doing a-ok though.

Also. Just seized again, its sides look to be a little bloated and quivering. Stretching its legs now

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Seconds later here hes sitting normal and yawned... looks normal. Lmao wtf is with this wtf. Ima poo if its just having a bad shed

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Well. It made the night.

He can walk ok-ish
    Still cant lift its head
    No climbing at all
    Disoriented still
    however: he willingly ate some dusted fruit flies.

So x you are probably correct about the mbd. We believe he may have a broken back now as well from seizing/slamming in the store, and because of the oddly cocked head. It sat up normal a few other times and took effort to raise it to normal level. Any advice from the seasoned wtf people? Says theres a kind of shot for the froggy but his back/neck damage will be permanent if it makes it... sigh... I named it launchpad mcquack(duck tales) because its a clumsy little dude, though not by choice.

It is however very social. Watches us, climbs on my hand, and likes it when the wife does the dropper.

Despite all the good though, its still seizing up from time to time and weak. Any advice out there?

I still have a small hole dug btw im expecting it to happen, so you wont hurt my feeling.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

If he is eating, give him Dusted items with calcium and d3 I believe it is called, so make sure he eats/absorbs the calcium he needs. Once he gets his calcium his bones will harden, so he could end up having permanent deformities and in general live a shorter life. But he will have a higher chance of surviving once he gets calcium and vitamins in his system

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    If he is eating, give him Dusted items with calcium and d3 I believe it is called, so make sure he eats/absorbs the calcium he needs. Once he gets his calcium his bones will harden, so he could end up having permanent deformities and in general live a shorter life. But he will have a higher chance of surviving once he gets calcium and vitamins in his system
    Awsome i did dust with d3. We use exo terra brand for dusting.

Hes walking about now and then ok, but, cant climb a single thing. I may take the water soak out. He cant get in it, and its roughly textured. Dont want him scratched up anymore because his poor little nose is all bruised up and scraped a little. Normally our husbandry is good so weve never experienced froggy health issues. Snakes, i can fix anything on a snake almost, my pythons and red tail are all abused take ins, not similar at all to frogs. Normally i make a paste with water, a drop of flour, honey, enzyme treatment, and meds. Cant paste a frog....

Where do i locate proper setup for qt? Should i change paper towels if they get saturated? Will it help to wet the new with honey water?

Thank you so much x. While not the best one, this learning experience has set me back a step or so. Also making a frog med box ASAP

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Is it trying to climb and failing? If it is actually trying to climb that is a very bad sign if it can't climb

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

It will put its one hand on the glass or fake plant we put in for cover, but cannot grasp it. We tried to help it onto the glass at least, no froggy no stick.... the reason we think his poor neck or back is busted is because it still cant lift its head up. Seems permanently cocked down. Eyes, ear pads, and nostrils all clear. The head tilts down right behind its eyes. In the pics the bend point it almost right at the ears and looks like 2 tiny humps. 1 on either side. The pet store claimed he was fine earlier yesterday but i call bs.

Suprised not to see liypad and lija here lol.

Right now hes just kickin it tucked in a corner next to the pool. Looks like possible nerve damage as well. Because different point on his body keep twitching here and there. Like eye twitch followed by its side, then a leg. Fighting nerve damage myself i know twitches lol.
    Last edited by Krispy; May 6th, 2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: this place edits the strangest words man....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'm surprised Nobody else has come to help you as well

But trying to climb and falling is really bad, his toe pads can't cling on to the item, so I would make something easy to climb with out toe pads, like a ramp or something

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hi, sorry to hear your new froggy isn't well. This has been said a million times so all im going to say is I cant stand the way these big chain stores keep these poor animals, almost got kicked out of my petsmart the other day for having a few a choice words for the reptile/amphibian department because of the way they had a pacman housed. Anyway Krispy if you feel theres something else you should be doing and your not sure I would PM one of the mods that have some more experience and ask them for help. Not saying what your doing and the advice that has been given isn't good, I just get the sense you feel you want some second opinions and some other options for helping him heal and if none of them have been on lately I would just pm them myself. I wish I could give you some more advice but I don't own WTF's and I haven't had to experience MBD if that's whats up. Hope the little guy gets better for ya and good luck.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Lol were already on it. Every id say 30 minutes it pulls a shake and stretches out. It kind of pooped? Looked like it was chunky and full of eco earth. Before it shakes and stretches it bloats its belly way out. Im going to swap the water dish for a small tupperwear lid so it can have easy access. It did peek up and hop over the water. Still seems blind to me but the layers of the eyes are all open.

We would do another warm soak since it sort of pooped finally to possibly clear the rest, but with a cocked down head. Were afraid of it drowning

Current temp 82
    Humidity 56%

After the last escapade its hiding under a leaf.

Would better pics help? Maybe one of his "episode" if i can remain calm and get a pic before i help it again? Id do a video but my cell is a piece o chit

Btw thanks monster. I hate big store husbandry. Im actually trying to get a job up there so i can show em a thing or 2. Some of the employees heed advice others give no fks

Nationality
    [Canada]

You have a lot in the previous post but did you try the pedilyte bath yet? And maybe if you hold his head up or put something in the water for him to rest it on maybe you could give another bath. With the shakeing and stretching and stuff I wonder if he could have severely damaged nerves from banging against the glass and im wondering if your right that he has broke something around the neck area which would also set off some serious nerve problems also I believe. IM sitting here typing this getting mad because I can just picture this poor frog at the store and if they would just take care of them properly this wouldn't be happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information