Okay so a little over a month ago I collected two newly hatched American Toad tadpoles from my pond. Like extremely new, they were so new that most of them were just laying on their sides and stuff. I only got two and have been raising them since, keeping them in about a gallon of water, changing about 8 ounces or so every other day, and feediing them boiled frozen lettuce, and an occasional shrimp pellet. When I saw that one had a front leg out I switched their container to one with less water and a more easily accessible land area. Well now they both have all their legs and one has started to come out of the water a little bit. I was wondering what I need to do now. It doesn't stay out for long and it seems to still breathe with gills, but I'm afraid that it will drown or something. They're in a medium critter keeper with about an inch and a half of water now, with about a quarter of it land, which is a mixture of sand and gravel. Is this okay to keep them on until they're both completely terrestrial? I guess I'm just worried, I only have the two because I just wanted to just watch them grow up and just be sort of special, and now they're changing and I just want to do everything right for them. I already have my fruit fly culture, as well as a culture of rice flour beetles. What is the best substrate to use for the tiny babies? I feel like a loose substrate would make it hard to keep up with them and with how much they eat, but I heard that paper towels have bleaching agents in them and can hurt them. I have brown paper bags and brown paper towels, will they work? I would only be using a paper towel or whatever substrate for the first week or so, just to make sure they were eating and everything. I guess I could just feed them in a separate container but I feel like that would stress them out. I feel mostly prepared and I think I can figure it out, but I was just wanting some advice because I don't want to mess up. Thank you!