Thread: I'm slightly panicking, please help (Cuban Tree Frog)

Timcanpy

Default I'm slightly panicking, please help (Cuban Tree Frog)

Okay so, not so funny story.

I used to have two fire bellied toads, had them for about five years. A couple of days ago they died, and I was absolutely devastated. I knew I couldn't live without having a frog so, I went out the next day to find one. Originally, I wanted a White's Tree Frog but shipping when ordering online was just way too much, and none of the pet stores had them in.

When I talked to the associate, he started showing me different Tree Frogs and he took out a Cuban Tree Frog. I fell in love with her (They told me it's a her but now after my recent incidents of information I'm wondering if that is even correct.).

I asked about her care and they told me I wouldn't have to change anything other than giving her branches with the enclosure. (Meaning heating and humidity remains the same as it was for the firebellies).

Luckily, when I got home I did some research and found that the desired heat for this frog is way more than I had for my firebellies!!

So, what I'm asking is how in the hay do I get this heat to go up higher and stay there! I'm also really struggling keeping the humidity up too. I have water layered at the bottom of the tank for her to soak in, yet that still doesn't seem to be enough to keep this humidity up. I do mist the tank two times a day as well.

I've tried to upload pics but it will not let me so here's the frog

https://40.media.tumblr.com/7a192f71...h1qo1_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/6601e35c...h1qo2_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/feb26c20...h1qo3_1280.jpg

And here is the tank

https://36.media.tumblr.com/cecd37da...h1qo4_1280.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I'm slightly panicking, please help (Cuban Tree Frog)

Are you using a heat lamp? You might want to get one that can hold a high wattage bulb or ceramic heat emitter. If you do end up getting a heating pad, make sure it's NOT touching anything with water on it, it can crack the glass.

Timcanpy

Default Re: I'm slightly panicking, please help (Cuban Tree Frog)

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    Are you using a heat lamp? You might want to get one that can hold a high wattage bulb or ceramic heat emitter. If you do end up getting a heating pad, make sure it's NOT touching anything with water on it, it can crack the glass.
    Yes it is a heat lamp. I was thinking about a heating pad but I've heard before about the glass cracking which is why I was extremely iffy about it. Will it still work if stuck on the back of the tank and not at the bottom?

I would prefer ​to stick with a heat lamp but am unsure about what wattage of bulb I need.

Thread Information