Thread: Giant or Dwarf???

babyBriBri

Default Giant or Dwarf???

I don't know if this is a Giant or Dwarf? Male or Female? Please help eats a TON! Just got him/her and have no idea on the age.

file:///Users/briannaknox/Downloads/rupert/IMG_5096.JPG
    file:///Users/briannaknox/Downloads/rupert/IMG_5095.JPG

file:///Users/briannaknox/Downloads/rupert/IMG_5099.JPG

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rocco92

Default Re: Giant or Dwarf???

Cant see the pictures?

Rocco92

A member of frog forum Nikko shared this with me hopefully it helps you too. I wasn't sure what mine was either ...
    African Dwarf Edible Bullfrogs (Pyxicephalus Edulis) coloration may range from dark brown to dark green with dark greenish/ brownish spots all around their backs with some bumpy scales (these spots may not be present on mature males), their undersides color may range from plain deep yellow to beige cream (males tend to have deep yellow underside while females have beige cream colors), they also possess single line located along their central backs which extend from their snouts to their vents (females tend to retain this line as they mature while males do not although some may do), their pupils are round & circular and they have yellow/ beige "cross" marks on their foreheads with the horizontal line across a little above their eyes (these marks may not be present on mature specimens).

African Giant Bullfrogs (Pyxicephalus Adspersus) back coloration may range from light to dark green without back spots like the dwarfs while their undersides are beige or whitish except for the mature males which mostly have yellow throat and they have some greenish spots on their undersides especially between their throats and front limbs (dwarfs don't have these greenish spots) and they have more prominent bumpy scales and more warty than the dwarf's, the giants have 3 visible lines on their backs (more contrast in babies) with one visible line also located along their central backs which also extend from their snouts to their vents (most mature males do not retain this particular central line while most females tend to do so) while the other 2 lines are each located on each side of their backs extended from their snouts and across their eyes & tympanums, their pupils are horizontal and they do not have the "cross" marks on their foreheads.

babyBriBri

rupert2.zip

I'm trying to upload from a new computer and see if it works.

Thread Information